Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Beginner

Default FAMILIES SAILING ZUIDERDAM 29/03/09

We are taken the HAL Panama Sunfarer on 29/3. The main reason we decided to take this cruise, was because of the interesting ports that it will be stopping at. Also the dates coincide with our children's Easter school holiday here in the UK.

My Travel Agent advised me that there are great kids facilities onboard and there will be a mixture of ages. However, since reading a number of reviews I am beginning to panic, as quite a few have mentioned that children would find this cruise rather boring as it is geared towards the older generation.

As this is a ten day cruise, I am really hoping that there will be enough to keep my children (11 & 9) occupied and perhaps a few other kids to play with.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Beginner

Just got back from your cruise in Feb and there were not many kids on board, it was a mostly older group 50-70's. I know they have a club for kids on the Zuiderdam and we saw a group being entertained by the crew. Kids love the pool though and you have that as well as book some excursions they will like, there are many. Next time maybe Disney might be a better option.