Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old May 16th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
Default Half Moon Cay Cabana Rentals: Feb. 3, 2010

We are sailing the Noordam on February 3, 2010, and I was pleased to discover on the HAL website yesterday that they are now accepting reservations for a beach cabana on that sailing date. Since there are only about 20 cabanas available, I immediately reserved one. If anyone else is interested, you should know that as of this morning only 17 were still available. Take note, the HAL site is currently down for the day (Saturday) for routine maintenance and won't be back until this evening. Happy cruising.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 59
Default

Thanks for the tip, very usefull.
We booked the terracotta immediatly for our cruise departing November 1st. These cabana's are great.

A question though: Is the butler service worth the $270?
__________________
Past Cruises:
February 2008: HAL Zuiderdam: Eastern Caribbean
November 2009: HAL Noordam: Caribbean Wayfarer
November 2010: Norwegian Jade: Western Mediterranean
January 2012: HAL Eurodam: Eastern Caribbean
May 2012 HAL: Noordam: Transatlantic Riviera

Upcomming:
HAL Westerdam: Panama Canal
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
Default

Good question. Given the price of that option, we opted to instead purchase an unlimited alcoholic drink voucher for each of us. In return, we had HAL employees keep us topped-up all day. That saved us walking back and forth to the bar line-up. As for the food, our cabana was less than 2 muniutes from the food pavillion so we just walked. Since the cabana is stocked with salsa, chips, vegi-tray & dip, water bottles and free canned pop, it was a great value without the butler.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 18th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,779
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default

We had the orange one, possibly the best situated one...right by the food pavillion, and rest rooms...Back in 05, we paid $219.00 and split it with another couple....Wow that new price is high, I am hyperventilating I personally wouldn't do it again ...Are they now calling the cabana boy a bulter? I know some got better service then we did...
__________________


Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old May 18th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
Default

I agree with (author) Trip in that the new price is high at $299. We paid (I think) $249 last time and only decided to pay the higher price this time given that this may be the last trip for my mother who travels with us and very much enjoys the place. If it were up to just me, I would rent a clam-shell for two next time out. HAL refers to the Cabana assistant as part of the Butler package who will carry your 'things' to/from the ship and deliver lunch for 4 persons (I believe he picks it up at the BBQ Pavillion)
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird
Good question. Given the price of that option, we opted to instead purchase an unlimited alcoholic drink voucher for each of us. In return, we had HAL employees keep us topped-up all day. That saved us walking back and forth to the bar line-up. As for the food, our cabana was less than 2 muniutes from the food pavillion so we just walked. Since the cabana is stocked with salsa, chips, vegi-tray & dip, water bottles and free canned pop, it was a great value without the butler.
That's an interesting thing your writting there. How and where did you get that voucher? And how much did it cost?
Last time we were there we didn't know about that so we just bought everything.

Thanks again.

Boudewijn
__________________
Past Cruises:
February 2008: HAL Zuiderdam: Eastern Caribbean
November 2009: HAL Noordam: Caribbean Wayfarer
November 2010: Norwegian Jade: Western Mediterranean
January 2012: HAL Eurodam: Eastern Caribbean
May 2012 HAL: Noordam: Transatlantic Riviera

Upcomming:
HAL Westerdam: Panama Canal
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
Default

jongbj wrote:

Quote:
That's an interesting thing your writting there. How and where did you get that voucher? And how much did it cost?
Last time we were there we didn't know about that so we just bought everything.
A few days before arriving at Half Moon Cay an information package for that port was left in our cabin. Included was an advertisement for an unlimited bar/drink package for about $30 per person, if my memory serves me. I do recall that I would break even if, during the beach break, I was served 5-6 drinks. Which I was was, and very much enjoyed, since I had them delivered to me and did not have to line up. The drink voucher was purchased through the onboard front desk and added to my account.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird
jongbj wrote:

Quote:
That's an interesting thing your writting there. How and where did you get that voucher? And how much did it cost?
Last time we were there we didn't know about that so we just bought everything.
A few days before arriving at Half Moon Cay an information package for that port was left in our cabin. Included was an advertisement for an unlimited bar/drink package for about $30 per person, if my memory serves me. I do recall that I would break even if, during the beach break, I was served 5-6 drinks. Which I was was, and very much enjoyed, since I had them delivered to me and did not have to line up. The drink voucher was purchased through the onboard front desk and added to my account.
Thanks a lot, we're gonna wait for the same offer on HMC and not take the butler option. Should be easy to break even on $30.

Best regards

Boudewijn
__________________
Past Cruises:
February 2008: HAL Zuiderdam: Eastern Caribbean
November 2009: HAL Noordam: Caribbean Wayfarer
November 2010: Norwegian Jade: Western Mediterranean
January 2012: HAL Eurodam: Eastern Caribbean
May 2012 HAL: Noordam: Transatlantic Riviera

Upcomming:
HAL Westerdam: Panama Canal
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2010, bought, cabana, cabanas, cay, clam, cost, food, hal, half, halfmoon, locations, moon, rentals, shell, terracotta

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Half Moon Cay/Cabana Rental mommy2boyz Carnival Cruise Lines 3 July 28th, 2008 09:57 PM
Half Moon Cay cabana rentals FirstCoastCruiser Carnival Cruise Lines 3 April 25th, 2008 08:53 PM
Half Moon Cay Cabana Rentals Leebird Carnival Cruise Lines 9 February 29th, 2008 10:25 AM
Half Moon Cay Beach Cabana RG Holland America 0 May 7th, 2005 01:06 PM
zuiderdam-Half Moon Cay cabana Deb77797 Holland America 5 March 6th, 2005 11:47 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1