Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Familiar Face

Default Half Moon Cay Cabana Rentals: Feb. 3, 2010

We are sailing the Noordam on February 3, 2010, and I was pleased to discover on the HAL website yesterday that they are now accepting reservations for a beach cabana on that sailing date. Since there are only about 20 cabanas available, I immediately reserved one. If anyone else is interested, you should know that as of this morning only 17 were still available. Take note, the HAL site is currently down for the day (Saturday) for routine maintenance and won't be back until this evening. Happy cruising.
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the tip, very usefull.
We booked the terracotta immediatly for our cruise departing November 1st. These cabana's are great.

A question though: Is the butler service worth the $270?
November 2010: Norwegian Jade: Western Mediterranean
January 2012: HAL Eurodam: Eastern Caribbean
May 2012 HAL: Noordam: Transatlantic Riviera

Upcomming:
HAL Westerdam: Panama Canal
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Familiar Face

Good question. Given the price of that option, we opted to instead purchase an unlimited alcoholic drink voucher for each of us. In return, we had HAL employees keep us topped-up all day. That saved us walking back and forth to the bar line-up. As for the food, our cabana was less than 2 muniutes from the food pavillion so we just walked. Since the cabana is stocked with salsa, chips, vegi-tray & dip, water bottles and free canned pop, it was a great value without the butler.
Old May 18th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

We had the orange one, possibly the best situated one...right by the food pavillion, and rest rooms...Back in 05, we paid $219.00 and split it with another couple....Wow that new price is high, I am hyperventilating I personally wouldn't do it again ...Are they now calling the cabana boy a bulter? I know some got better service then we did...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 18th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Familiar Face

I agree with (author) Trip in that the new price is high at $299. We paid (I think) $249 last time and only decided to pay the higher price this time given that this may be the last trip for my mother who travels with us and very much enjoys the place. If it were up to just me, I would rent a clam-shell for two next time out. HAL refers to the Cabana assistant as part of the Butler package who will carry your 'things' to/from the ship and deliver lunch for 4 persons (I believe he picks it up at the BBQ Pavillion)
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird
Good question. Given the price of that option, we opted to instead purchase an unlimited alcoholic drink voucher for each of us. In return, we had HAL employees keep us topped-up all day. That saved us walking back and forth to the bar line-up. As for the food, our cabana was less than 2 muniutes from the food pavillion so we just walked. Since the cabana is stocked with salsa, chips, vegi-tray & dip, water bottles and free canned pop, it was a great value without the butler.
That's an interesting thing your writting there. How and where did you get that voucher? And how much did it cost?
Last time we were there we didn't know about that so we just bought everything.

Thanks again.

Boudewijn

Upcomming:
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Familiar Face

jongbj wrote:

Quote:
That's an interesting thing your writting there. How and where did you get that voucher? And how much did it cost?
A few days before arriving at Half Moon Cay an information package for that port was left in our cabin. Included was an advertisement for an unlimited bar/drink package for about $30 per person, if my memory serves me. I do recall that I would break even if, during the beach break, I was served 5-6 drinks. Which I was was, and very much enjoyed, since I had them delivered to me and did not have to line up. The drink voucher was purchased through the onboard front desk and added to my account.
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird
jongbj wrote:

Quote:
A few days before arriving at Half Moon Cay an information package for that port was left in our cabin. Included was an advertisement for an unlimited bar/drink package for about $30 per person, if my memory serves me. I do recall that I would break even if, during the beach break, I was served 5-6 drinks. Which I was was, and very much enjoyed, since I had them delivered to me and did not have to line up. The drink voucher was purchased through the onboard front desk and added to my account.
Thanks a lot, we're gonna wait for the same offer on HMC and not take the butler option. Should be easy to break even on $30.

Best regards

Boudewijn

Upcomming: