Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
Beginner

Default Holland America (Noordam) vs Celebrity ( Millenium)

We have narrowed our cruise search and need to decide on either the Noordam (Holland America) or the Milllenium (Celebrity)

I greatly appreciate your help in guiding me towards the right cruise!!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Familiar Face

I've been on both and it would just be my preference, but I'd choose the Noordam. I went on the Millenium BEFORE her very recent rennovation, though, and it was a MESS! I do not like that Celebrity lets the ships get that beat up before a dry dock. However, since it's been spruced up recently, I'm sure it's lovely, though I have not seen it. I was on the Noordam less than a year ago for a 10-nighter and it was in immaculate shape and the service was excellent. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but since you've asked for opinions, mine is Noordam. Enjoy whatever you choose!
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Familiar Face

Default Down Under

We have been on the Millennium, Volendam & the Statendam & have found the HAL ship much better especially staff wise.
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Beginner

We love both Celebrity and Holland America but have pretty much decided to stick with HAL for any future cruises and in fact are going on the Westerdam later this month and we were on the Noordam last year. HAL puts out such a good product for food, cabins, entertainment, ship size and staffing they are very hard to beat.