Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Passenger

Default HAL Shore Excursions

I'm going on a Mexican Riviera cruise this Sept with my boyfriend. We're thinking about going on some shore excursions, particularly the Dolphin Encounter in Cabo san Lucas.

Anyone know if HAL shore excursions are any good? I've never been on excursions before, and don't know if they're worth spending money on.

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

I book a lot of HAL shorex because I cruise by myself. Overall I've been very satisfied. You may want to research independent tours and maybe save yourself some money.
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Mexican Riviera Excursions

Before you book with HAL, I would recommend looking at some of the other options.

We just booked with Puerto Vallarta Cruise Excursions the prices are excellent and you can do more private tours the what we've found booking with the ships. Basically you get more for your money
Old July 21st, 2010, 04:00 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to profln71

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinPatches View Post
I'm going on a Mexican Riviera cruise this Sept with my boyfriend. We're thinking about going on some shore excursions, particularly the Dolphin Encounter in Cabo san Lucas.

Anyone know if HAL shore excursions are any good? I've never been on excursions before, and don't know if they're worth spending money on.
Hi Pumpkin Patches , If you are interested in seeing the Dolphin Encounter in Cabo San Lucas , you can easily walk to it when you reach the docking area . There are different times for the shows daily ( check their schedule ) . This way you can avoid buying an excursion ticket on board . The only risk to take , would be if all the shows are sold out during your stay in Cabo , especially if you must be back on the ship at 4:30 P.M. Lane
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Admiral

I always book directly with the cruise ship .I believe they are done more professionally and they will wait for you if you are late getting back .
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Cabo san Lucas is a tender port, so it would be wise to take HAL's excursion because if you are late returning to port the ship will wait for you.

If you take an independant excursion and are late and miss the last tender, then too bad - ship will not wait for you.

We always take HAL's excursions, especially when it's a tender port.