CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   Maasdam:Montreal to Boston or BOS to Montreal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/378514-maasdam-montreal-boston-bos-montreal.html)

celynda December 5th, 2010 11:54 AM

Maasdam:Montreal to Boston or BOS to Montreal

Should we do Montreal to Boston or Boston to Montreal in May, 2011?

Also, which Suite cabins are recommended? Looking at BB level, but am flexible.

Thanks!

MercedMike December 5th, 2010 12:55 PM

Maasdam New England

Quote:

Originally Posted by celynda (Post 1332479)
Should we do Montreal to Boston or Boston to Montreal in May, 2011?

Also, which Suite cabins are recommended? Looking at BB level, but am flexible.

Thanks!

We had a great trip on that ship. We did Montreal to Boston, primarily because we finished up in Boston the day before Memorial Day, and actually spent Memorial day in Lexington where there is a big ceremony on the Battle Green where the shot heard round the world was fired. But I really don't know that it makes any big difference which way you travel.

Check out our trip report and pictures at HAL Maasdam Cruise Review

Have a GREAT cruise!

Trip December 5th, 2010 01:33 PM

Either way, you are in a great city at the end of your cruise..I guess my consideration would be....which city is the airfare cheaper to get me home:)

DeeDee December 5th, 2010 02:45 PM

Either way really - whatever is more convenient for you - you don't say where you live.

The BB category is not actually a Suite - it's really a mini-suite and does not have the amenities that full suites do (S).

There are only 8 BB's - 4 at the bow of the ship and 4 aft. If you do take one book one of the aft cabins - if it's rough you won't feel the motion as much back there. Personally I'd go for a BA - more cabins to choose from.

Have a great time.

Thoth December 15th, 2010 09:33 PM

join the party

:rolleyes: You should do Montreal to Boston on 7 May 11, that way you could join me. :idea:
It might be a bit cool, but that's why I'm taking two suitcases...plenty of warm cloths !!

Thoth December 15th, 2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MercedMike (Post 1332490)
We had a great trip on that ship. We did Montreal to Boston, primarily because we finished up in Boston the day before Memorial Day, and actually spent Memorial day in Lexington where there is a big ceremony on the Battle Green where the shot heard round the world was fired. But I really don't know that it makes any big difference which way you travel.

Check out our trip report and pictures at HAL Maasdam Cruise Review

Have a GREAT cruise!

Hello Mike,
I sure enjoyed your HAL Massdam Cruise Review. You sound like seasoned travelers who still enjoy yourselves.
The weather sounded cool, so I'll dress accordingly. I'm sticking to HAL's tours...
Quebec: walking tour & tea at chateau.
PEI: Island tour with Anne of Green Gables
Sydney : Louisbourg fortress
Halifax : solider for a half day at citadel
Bar Harbor: Acadia National Park..."best of both worlds"