Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Just home from Oosterdam Jan 15

Our cruise was pleasant. Everyone enjoyed the 7 days cruise to Mexican Riviera. Excellent service to our upgraded cabin (verandah deck). Dining, shows, bingo, games and front desk are also excellent.We came home, my husband is suffering from sore throat that Friday night.Monday, my family was struck with coughing,fever, nausea. We went to urgent care and found to have viral infection. I don't know if we got that from our cruise. My family always used the automatic hand sanitizer located almost everywhere on the ship. We wash our hands a lot. I just want to share this event after our cruise but overall we enjoyed our cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sometimes, we catch a cold from the flights, we think. So many people in such a small area with limited circulation leaves me thinking that way.
But, you can get sick wherever you are, that's for sure.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Captain

Welcome to CruiseMates. I notice this is your first post.
Glad your cruise was pleasant.
Happy you found us here to give us your impressions.

As to becoming ill when returning home....... did you fly? No way to know where or how they became exposed. This is cold and flu season.

Hope they all feel better soon.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you for your concerns, however, we didn't fly.
Since we live in San Diego, right after we left the ship, we drove home. Sadly, we still do not know the cause of our sickness, but nevertheless, we thoroughly enjoyed our HAL cruise.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I like to call it "Cruise Crud". It does seem to be an occassional side result of a cruise.

Even if you're not flying, others are... and then in a rather enclosed environment on a ship, you're exposed to other people's germs.

Sorry to hear it found you and your family, and glad it wasn't anything more serious.