Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2001, 08:21 PM
First Mate

Default Pre-cruise ft. Lauderdale hotel

I have been informed that the pre-cruise hotels (including transfers) are $275 pp for the Regency Hilton or $175 pp for the Embassy Suites. I could book my room on my own for $209 for 2 for the Hilton and $175 for 2 for the Embassy. I thought I could stay there and book transfers or take a cab. Should I do this or stay at the Marriott Harbor? We're going the beginning of Dec.
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2001, 04:01 PM
JD3

Default Re: Pre-cruise ft. Lauderdale hotel

I would book on your own.The embassy is nice and only about 1/2 mi. away from the port.Unless you are talking about Miami Port. Then you can get a transfer from Fll airport for $15/pp or $55.00 per towncar. If you'd rather be on the ocean the Marriott harbor beach is beautiful and no more than 1/2 to 1 mi. from port.
Old July 5th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Admiral

I too would recommend booking pre-cruise hotel on your own. The Marriot is at the Intercoastal Waterway just across 17th St. Bridge and the port. Embassy is about 4 blocks down 17th. Only a few rooms (upper levels) will afford port views if that is important to you. Also, consider Amerisuites right behind the Embassy for much less and including continental breakfast and airport and pier shuttles. Call Amerisuites directly and ask for their "manager's special" rate. Its worth the cost of the phone call.
Old July 5th, 2001, 11:08 PM
First Mate

Thanks so much for the advice. We will book our own hotel. Here is what we are faced with:

-The Radisson pre-cruise arrangers will be at the Hyatt and the Embassy suites.
- We are arranging our own travel and want to minimize stress.
-We have free nights at either the Hyatt or the Marriott and thought one of them would offer a "semi-vacation-like" experience and am considering using them.

Is Amerisuites like an Embassy Suites or a Hampton Inn?

What would you do? Thanks for the guidance
Old July 17th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Last, question first. I have not stayed at a Hampton Inn in years, but Amerisuites at FLL is newer but a lot smaller than the Embassy Suites almost next door. No open atrium, no indoor pool, and less expensive. Have heard Embassy is in need of renovation, but the lobby looked fine to me. Now the Hyatt vs. Marriott with a free nights stay; go for the Hyatt. They are just on opposite corners of the Intercoastal Waterway by the 17th. Street Bridge. The Marriott is probably 3 stories while the Hyatt is a Hi-rise including the Revolving Lounge I have mentioned many times as a place to go to watch sunset and the ship's sail away on the night you stay . Both are just on the other side of the pier area. You still need transportaion to the pier due to luggage and/or the bridge (it is a draw bridge, too). Th Water Taxi stops at/near both hotels. Amerisuites is economical and provides complimentary transportation from the airport and to the pier. Continental breakfast is included.
Bon Voayge
Old July 17th, 2001, 10:01 PM
First Mate

Thanx so much for all the great advice. We'll stay here.