Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Bill Rubin

Default Car rental drop-off and pickup in Miami (Hertz)?

We're cruising out of Miami on August 4th, and I am planning to fly down the previous day, arriving around 3:45pm. I was able to rent a minivan from Hertz for around $50 and they claim to have a facility at Port of Miami. Does this mean I will be able to drop off my car at the Port and have them shuttle me directly to the pier, or will it be more complicated than that? I figure it's better to just get a car than deal with a taxi to the hotel (not sure where we'll be staying yet, probably downtown). When we get back, I wasn't able to get a flight out the same day, so we will fly back on Monday morning and I've rented a car then as well, also picking up at Port of Miami. Will the car be there, or will they shuttle me to the airport? I need to call Hertz, the wording in the site information is a bit ambiguous.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Car rental drop-off and pickup in Miami (Hertz)?

Bill,
I saw your post and will find myself in a simular situation...what did you find out? I would appreciate any advise.
kim
Old September 27th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Car rental drop-off and pickup in Miami (Hertz)?

WOW - looks like there a a few of us in the same boats...How did this work out? I need to do something similar next April - flying in and out of FLL for Miami cruise. I haven't quite been able to figure out which rental agencies are actually at the Port (and according to the internet, Avis is "sold out" for my days. We're arriving the night before, so I'm not sure if we'll stay in FLL or Miami the night before.
Old February 3rd, 2003, 06:08 PM
Sue H

Default Re: Re: Car rental drop-off and pickup in Miami (Hertz)?

Hertz has a drop off and you are shuttled to the port. I believe that the shuttles run every half hour. You can check with Hertz directly. I belive that Dollar has the same service.
Old February 4th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Car rental drop-off and pickup in Miami (Hertz)?

Avis also gives you the option of rental car from the Port of Miami. We will be renting a car after the cruise and Avis told me that there is a shuttle that takes you from the Port of Miami to the Avis rental at the Miami Airport. They also can shuttle you to the Port of Miami from the Miami Airport when you drop off your car.