Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2002, 10:41 AM
BIRDMAN

Default fll hotel area questions

Have not booked hotel for day prior to cruise in February. From what I have read looks like October would be time to try priceline. Comments please.

Can anyove tell me if there is an ABC store in the area of the Embassy Hotel. Don't want to pack wine or scotch in bags for the flight.
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2002, 10:04 AM
cruzingal

Default Re: fll hotel area questions

I don't know about ABC store but there is a Publix( a pretty large wine section for a supermarket) and a WinnDixie across the street from the E.S. There is also a liqor store down from the Winn Dixie. We bought a bottle of Sangria there that was out of this world. We hope to hit Publix and the liquor store Friday afternoon before we sail on Sat.
Old August 27th, 2002, 10:31 AM
BIRDMAN

Default Re: Re: fll hotel area questions

Thank you for the info. It will be much easier to purchase in FLL rather than carry in lugage from Phila. Now all I need to do is nail down a room at ES through Priceline.
Old August 27th, 2002, 02:38 PM
cruzingal

I'm not sure when you need one. If it is before the end of this year you can try now. Go Princeline click on hotel Fort Lauderdale. Select Fort Lauderdale only 3* and then bid. I suggest that you go to bidding for travel site and read all the info.

If you need one for Jan. then wait until about Oct. and try. Very few people are getting rooms this early for then.

I wish you the best. I hope to get a room for our Jan. 4th trip.
Old August 28th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Admiral

You might try Hotwire now. Similar rates and you don't have to play the bidding game.
Star rating and area of the city are givens. Name of hotel will be given to you after purchase. I have gotten some great rates.
Old September 1st, 2002, 07:07 PM
Sandthrush

Good Luck for February. I have been trying Hotwire for our late February pre-cruise. The only choice I got back was the 2 1/2 star for $148. From everything I have read, I understand that is Amerisuites. I already have the Amerisuites booked for an AAA rate of $152. For the few dollars difference, I'll stick with a sure thing. Besides, I need somewhere I can park my car, and Embassy Suites charges $6.00 a day for parking.
Old September 23rd, 2002, 10:09 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: fll hotel area questions

Chuck,
I checked hotwire and there is a 3 star in downtown Miami any idea which hotel this could be? Thanks kim
Old October 20th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: Re: fll hotel area questions

Kimberley, it's probably the Intercontinental since that is the best hotel directly downtown. We have some others that are better maybe 5 minutes more from downtown.

Carole