CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Hotels (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/)
-   -   Comfort inn, Miami airport (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/402570-comfort-inn-miami-airport.html)

Cruiseuser June 10th, 2014 09:44 PM

Comfort inn, Miami airport

Ok, we used this one as part of a package together with the cruise. Location is not really great and its a but further from the airport as other hotels you are driving by on the way. However it was clean with all the accessories. Many crew are staying at the hotel so be prepared. Breakfast was ok, better than at other Comfort Inns we visited. Within 2 blocks you have a sports bar with good food. They are opening/rebuilding I think a Ramada right there and it is right next to it with a swimming pool, etc. Next time we try that one.

TimmyK June 11th, 2014 10:37 AM

Is this hotel located on opposite side of the commercial terminal, or is it over by the Hilton and Doubletree

Paul Motter June 11th, 2014 01:07 PM

I think I have stayed there - the sports bar alone, which was open very late, made it more than a great night. The food was plentiful and delicious.

Just FYI - there is actually a Marriott inside the Miami airport which is reasonably priced. Nothing fancy at all (you dine in the airport restaurants) but it is very convenient.

Dappertrapper February 17th, 2017 07:30 PM

Miami area- Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, Best Western

Nov.-Dec 2016- We did a back to back cruise with Carnival out of Miami. The idea was to have a shuttle from airport when we arrived with a shuttle to the port next day. We chose Comfort Inn, 657 Minola Dr, as our first hotel. Just had to call for the driver to pick us up. At the hotel, we made reservations for the port shuttle.
We had one night between cruises, so we stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon 777 NW 57th Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (they picked us up from the airport) and they had a shuttle to the port next day. I had planned to stay there because they had a guest laundry and the shopping center was directly across the street.

We had rented a car from the airport for a week in the Keys after the 2nd cruise. We wanted to have a hotel fairly close to the Miami airport the night before our flight, in order to drop the car off without having to worry about traffic causing us to be late. We wanted to spend some time close to the beach, so I booked with Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort, 4101 Collins Avenue Miami Beach , Florida 33140. Nice hotel (construction in the lobby), nice pool and great beach access/beach. The entry into the water at the beach is flat and easy, so good for younger children also.
The rooms for the first two hotels were around $200 a night including breakfast and shuttle. The Best Western was about $40 less after paying for parking, but did not include breakfast.
We booked all three hotels through their websites (I travel a lot, so am a member of most of the hotel chains).
  