Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2001, 04:00 AM
Beerman

Default leap of faith

I am taking a giant leap of faith here. It is such a good deal on such a great ship and being able to take my girlfriend to Mexico for the first time (aboard a cruiseship, no less) is very exciting for me also. However, I have no one yet to take over my business and only 8 days to find someone. But I am, after all, a cruise-a-holic and if I can afford it I'm cruisin', while still keeping my responsibilities in tact.
The deal was a 7 day cruise, plus all taxes and port, wheelchair accessable cabin (on the Empress deck), air from Vancouver for $1350.00 Can. per person and thats on the Elation. I've wanted so to take my Angie on a Carnival cruise. There not as stuffy as the others we've been on. The weather will be nicer and it will be quite the excursion for her. Although she is wheelchair riden we will she about catching a cab around town or the nearby countryside. Cabo is not a wheelchair friendly port as tendering Angie and her 'Bomb' (nickname for her electric scooter) is an impossibility for some of those little figian to manhandle a 550 lb. tank down to their tender boat.
If you could tell me about some of the cab rides in on the other stops I would appreciate it.
We will be leaving the 28th of this month from L.A.
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2001, 02:16 PM
justjohn

Default Re: leap of faith

Beerman....

Good for you guys! Mexico is very cool...

In Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, many of the cabs are little compacts, like toyota corollas. I have seen a van, or two, as well.

Also, in Mazatlan, there are open air cabs called pulmonias. These seat 4 and look like the old VW things. They sound like golf carts!

In both these ports you likely will dock at shore....not offshore like Cabo. So, the tender issue shouldn't be a problem.

When you grab a cab, remember to agree on a price BEFORE you get in. Often, cabbies will quote you the high rate. With a little practice, you should be able to get them down by 1/3rd, or so.

Enjoy your trip.

justjohn