Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default BEACH CLUBS IN COZUMEL

CAN YOU RECOMMEND A RELAXING BEACH CLUB IN COZUMEL WITH GOOD SWIMMING AND A GOOD SANDY BEACH. I HAVE HEARD OF MR. SANCHO'S AND NACHI-COCOM. ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS - RO
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: BEACH CLUBS IN COZUMEL

Hi! I had this posted in the Caribbean forum but thought that you should read it before you think of going to Mr. Sancho's.
Exactly 4 days ago (9/4/03), we were in Cozumel. We had had a GREAT vacation so far aboard Explorer of the Seas and all the ports visited had been a pleasure...Labadee, Grand Cayman, Jamaica.... but in Cozumel, we decided to rent a Jeep and do our own thing (we were 4 adults, ages 33-37). We drove around this beautiful island and enjoyed ourselves tremendously until we got to our final destination, Mr. Sancho's.

I do NOT recommend you visit Mr. Sancho's. The place is nice, a bit more crowded than what I like but that was not the problem. Mr. Sancho's is a club of sorts with no entrance fee, which offers private (beautiful) beach, great food, clean bathrooms, showers, pool, etc. The entire experience was horrible for us because a group from a carnival cruise that was in Cozumel at the same time as our cruise, began to strip and engage in "licking" games with the BARTENDERS (!) and anyone else that would engage them. They were pouring liquor on their entire body (including below the belly button) and having the bartenders lick them while they stood or kneeled on the bar. They ended up stripping COMPLETELY (both women and men!!) and walking naked on the beach (supposedly to prove something?!?) and swimming/playing naked on the beach and in the water the entire afternoon. Their group to about 25 persons. I should mention that there were children and families (like ours) at the place and the experience was awful to say the least. I blame management for not controlling the situation but of course all they seemed to care about was selling their products and this bunch was certainly consuming beer and alcohol like crazy! It was all so discusting and the people with children saw their "innocence" go away in a few minutes. People could not leave fast enough to avoid this horrible bunch of people which was even coming to all the tables to "invite" others to join in!

I am 33, not old, not conservative and can deal with drunk people behaving badly. But this, my friend, was WAY TOO MUCH. Even our husbands thought that the managers should have done something to control a deteriorating scene. But nothing was done.

Don't make the mistake of going to this place. Try other beaches, there are MANY beautiful places right next to Mr. Sancho's (on both sides) where you can find relaxing, gorgeous scenery and plenty of white sand to lay on.

Sorry to have been at Sancho's,
Vivi
Old October 6th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Nanette

Playa Sol is a neat place.

You'll pay twenty or thirty dollars per person, which includes an open bar. Nice sandy beach, small pool with a swim-up bar, gift shops, massages available.

We had a blast.

Entry is probably less than $10 if you don't wish to go "all-inclusive". Being partiers, we got our money's worth!
Old November 4th, 2003, 06:03 PM
LuvCruising

I was in Cozumel last week and we had a great day at The Reef Club. It is $20.00 a day and that includes beautiful white sand beaches, crystal clear blue/turquoise water, open liquor bar, free buffet and snacks, pool, towels, kayaking, snorkeling, and windsurfing. THIS PRICE IS AWESOME and it is absolutely gorgeous there! Feel free to email me w/ any questions!
Old November 5th, 2003, 01:19 AM
Hollyhawk

Boy! Thank god we didn't take our late teens to Mr. sanchos I will nerver let them see that kind of behavior in person, they would say "Hey Mom MYV must be filming here. If you would like some wholesome advice go to "www.Mycozumel.com" great site!
Old November 5th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Hollyhawk

Oh! P. S. On another board there is a thread about an excursoin to Cozumel where two of the Carnival people came out of the sand dunes and had missed thier ferry and the buss by 30 min. don't know what happened to them but must be posted on the CARNIVAL site somewhere
Old November 5th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Jerry2000

Default Re: Re: BEACH CLUBS IN COZUMEL

That website is

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com

good general information about options from locals
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Cyndee

We've been to Mr. Sanchos twice and we had a GREAT time. Nothing similar to what was described above happened either time. I would for sure go back there. Prices for drinks and shots are expensive, but it was great fun.

I would highly recommend you go to the state park -- much more to do but great beaches too, swim with dolphins, blue lagoon (from the movie) lots of iguana's, history, culture, absolutely wonderful!
Old November 29th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Kate Ricciardi

Default Re: Re: Re: BEACH CLUBS IN COZUMEL

Of the ones mentioned I choose Nachi Cocom. It is a beautiful quiet beach with super service and a pool. If they charge anything at all it is a covercharge and not an admission and will be deducted from the food and beverages you consume. Playa Sol is owned by the cruise ship folks and so that is where the busloads go. One option is to take a private tour with a native English speaker and go around the island and see some of the beach clubs and some of the beautiful virgin beaches on the windward side of the island. A great day. cozumelcharters@hotmail.com is who we always use for tours and fishing and glass bottomed boat snorkeling trips. They are always happy to answer questions and are very helpful.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:56 PM
Passenger

I too have been to Mr. Sanchos on 11/13/03 to be exact...NOTHING like that happened while we were there. We had a great time, the drinks and food were wonderful! Don't worry about one story.......and don't let it ruin your cruise. Go have a good time.

Fascination 97
Jubilee 99
Inspiration 2003
Pride 2007
Triumph 2008
Old January 11th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Passenger

We loved Nachi Cocom when we were there 3 days ago!
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Beginner

How do you get to the Reef Club from the port. This place almost sounds to good to be true for the price.