Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Jy2surf

Default Is there car rental near the dock in PV

I've been trying to set up a car rental in Puerto Vallarta but most agencies seem to be located at the airport. I was wondering if anybody has seen a car rental agency closer to the cruise docks in Puerto Vallarta.
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Is there car rental near the dock in PV

I'm sure you can rent a car at the Krystal Hotel which is only one block or two from the terminal.Do a Google search that mentions Puerto Vallarta, car rentals, and Krystal Hotel and you should be ready to go. Have fun.

Be very cautious driving in P.V. The turn patterns and signals are very strange and they love to give gringoes tickets.
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship
Default Re: Is there car rental near the dock in PV

I have rented cars at least 4 times in PV. From the dock walk through the little round building to the second building farthest from the ship (There are buildings holding a flea market type of shops). There is a car/jeep rental facility right on the tip. Their prices have always been good. Between $50-$75 total including Mexican insurance (mandatory). Inspect vehicle thoroughly before leaving port. The vehicles are on the rustic side. I recommend a jeep but make sure it has a cover because of the hot sun.
No prior reservation is needed but I do recommend that you rent first thing off the ship.
One time I rented from Avis. It was a newer jeep but it was also $90 for the day.

65+ cruises on over 10 cruiselines.

Celebrity Mercury 09-24-07
HAL Veendam 12-16-07
PCL Golden Princess 04-19-08
Cunard QM2 11-29-08
CCL Splendor 04-26-09