Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:17 PM
horns78232

Default LAX to San Pedro pier

We arrive at LAX at 10:30am the day of the cruise. I would like to take the shuttle to save $20-$25, however don't want to get to the pier late due to having to wait for others to board shuttle or having to stop at various places.

Is this a valid concern? I'm assuming if I took the shuttle I probably wouldn't get to the pier until around 12:30 to 1pm versus a cab that will take me right there.

thanks, Jon
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: LAX to San Pedro pier

You didn't mention what time the ship is scheduled to leave the port. For a 4:00pm or 5:00pm departure, getting to the pier at 12:30 to 1:00 pm is plenty, plenty of time. Getting there too early will leave you standing in a line...that much longer.
Old January 6th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Gardyloo

mjmcajun is right. You probably don't want to get there too early. On the other hand, we've used airport transportation companies to get to the pier. The shuttles the cruise lines use are big busses, and they go around to most of the terminals until they're full. It takes awhile.
We've booked shuttles and towncars (for a little luxury). You can find out about ground transportation from the LAX website. If there are several of you, get one that charges by the load instead of per person. A taxi would probably be my last choice because of the cost.
Old January 8th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Patde44

Me're cruising from Long Beach in 3 weeks. We plan to use the Super Shuttle. I was told to exit the LAX airline terminal from baggage claim, turn right, and the shuttle should be right there. No reservations are necessary from LAX as that's a home station for the shuttle. For details and/or to reserve pickup at the terminal upon return, go to www.supershuttle.com. Interesting - from LAX to our hotel near the terminal, it will be $68 for 4 of us. For some unknown reason, it costs more to go to a hotel than to the pier. To return to LAX, it will be $54.
Old January 10th, 2005, 11:49 AM
horns78232

Default Re: Re: LAX to San Pedro pier

The cruise doesn't leave till around 4pm. The shuttle sounds good, but I just don't to wait for the bus to fill up or to stop at however amny stops before we get to the pier. Is $50-$60 with tip accurate for a taxi from LAX to the pier?

If so, is the extra $20-25 worth not having to sit on a bus 30min-1hr longer than sitting in a cab? I don't think I'll get there too early after landing, however that might be OK since at least seeing the boat will make us feel like we're almost there after sitting on a plane for 3 hours.

Thanks
Old January 10th, 2005, 01:33 PM
nANCY STOGRL

i am renting a car one way- this is by far the cheapest way with 4 people. try enterprise- they are very close to the pier
Old January 12th, 2005, 11:15 AM
horns78232

Default Re: Re: LAX to San Pedro pier

How much was it to rent the car? there is only two of us. Would it still be better? Is the Enterprise at the pier close to the boat, so that we can walk to it?
Old January 12th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Enterprise has a rental office at the San Pedro pier--where the ship is docked. That particular Enterprise office is open till noon on Saturdays and closed on Sundays. Perhaps you can park the car and place the keys in a drop box if your ship is scheduled to depart on a Sat. afternoon/Sunday. Check with http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental...ationSearch.do.
or
Another site to go: http://www.pcsterminals.com/. There are drop-down menus on left side of the screen; click on arrows next to Ground Transportation and you will see Enterprise listed--there's a reservations link on the Enterprise page. Also, check out the Calender link at the top of the available menus.