Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Beginner

Default Acapulco, Ixtapa, & Manzanillo or PV, Mazatlan & Cab

We're going on our fist cruise and trying to decide whether to do Princess that goes to Acapulco, Ixtapa, & Manzanillo, or to do Carnival that goes to Manzanillo or PV, Mazatlan & Cabo? Any one have experience in these places and know whichmight be preferable? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Roger, since it's your first foray onto a cruise and to the Mexican Riviera, I would suggest doing Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo first. These stops give you a great feel for the area, as well as usually a little more attractive pricing.

We did Acapulco, etc, after we had done the previous cruise about 3 times.

On choosing a line, both are great and we have done both. Carnival's shiplife is a little more fun and activity led, while Princess offers a more upscale, quieter feel. Check Anne's reviews to get a great feel for each ship you may be considering.

Hope this helps.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old November 5th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Passenger

Never did Princess, but I did do Carnival when the Elation was still sailing that route. No complaints, lot's of fun. Cabo is the most beautiful city out of the three. In PV I suggest the Unimog tour, it was awesome. I did the Deer Island Kyack in Maz and enjoyed that too.
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007

hi iam new here but i have done princess and loved it we took a tour in acapulco the best tour we have ever taken called the all day deluxe...and it was fantastic hats off to princess and their great staff in acapulco our money was very well spent. we had a tour guide and she spoke perfect english no accent what so ever and was very kind and helpful to us during the whole 7hr tour she even went so far as taking my wife to the restroom to help her change in to her swimsuit......very fond memories of acapulco
Old December 4th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Passenger

i am not to sure if this person who asked the question has already been to acapulco but i was speaking with my wife the other day about our day in acapulco and she remembered the tour guides name we had on the deluxe all day tour we took that day in acaulco her name was carmen if anyone gets to acapulco and this tour is offered by princess make sure you get this tour guide she was excellent the best tour we have ever taken. we highly recommend it.
Old January 11th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Beginner

Hands down.......Acapulco, Ixtapa,and Manzanillo. Did both of those cruises last year.
Old January 12th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Passenger

VIVA MEXICO.......we just got are tickets and are heading back in may with princess......yahoo....got to love it.