Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Beginner

Default Tequila Beach Club in Costa Maya (Mahahual).

Tequila Beach Club in Costa Maya (Mahahual).
Upon arrival, I was very dissatisfied with the Beach Club and its amenities. The web site misrepresents the actual experience and the condition of the property. The pontoon boat used for the snorkeling tour did not look seaworthy, with many large dents on the side and rear. Snorkels were unsanitized, left lying on the dock. Inside the Beach Club cabana, unlimited drinks did not include Corona beer, as the representative in town had stated. The furniture was very worn as is the entire property. The relentless pressure from vendors was a disappointment as well. The property did not meet my expectations or my needs; in fact, so much so, that we stayed only a few minutes and left. Do not be fooled; the property does not look like the picture on website! Before making reservations, make sure you will get a refund if you are dissatisfied when you arrive. This company refused to honor my request for a refund.
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had.
I wonder if there are other places in the area that are better?
Has any one been lately? We are sailing in Feb, '06
Old December 26th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Passenger

There are two other locations that I know a bout, I did the beach break party at Pez quadro and have read good things about. Costa maya Cruise Excursions http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com they have the beach break party, and there is also a beach resort getaway.

I have to say that I have read many complaints about Tequila Beach, from the facitilies being in bad condition, rude people always trying to sell you tours, they were at the port and really pushy. They even tried to tell me they were with Costa Maya Cruise Excursions, when I had been warned this might happen.

We loved Pez, nice beach, all you could drink and a great place. I might try the resort getaway next time there is a pool there and kayaking is include