CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Rosie in Acapulco (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/325101-rosie-acapulco.html)

cruisebum December 26th, 2006 05:31 PM

Rosie in Acapulco

We need to find Rosie in Acapulco! Does anyone have her info?

lulu48 December 26th, 2006 07:12 PM

You can reach her at <dew_days@hotmail.com>

cruisebum December 26th, 2006 08:12 PM

Lulu48,

Thank you! Did you use her when you were in acapulco? There will ten of us, can she take that many? Was her prices reasonable? any info would be greatly helpfull. Also, did you enjoy Acapulco? you here so much stuff, great and horrible.
Thanks again,
Cruisebum,
Springville, Utah

BrwnEyedGirl December 26th, 2006 10:28 PM

We had Rosie take us around town when we were there in October. She was great. There was 6 in our group and we spent 9 1/2 hrs with her. She charged us $35 per person. Cost less with more people. Took us anywhere and everywhere. The view from up at the cross is wonderful. We also went to a lagoon area. There is a pool you can use there and a resuarant. Good food. You can even hire someone to take you water skiing. If you go to the lagoon be sure to walk across the street to the ocean side. Great, empty beach. Have fun. Enjoy!
Please tell Rosie that Kristina and gang send their 'hellos'.
Have a great cruise all!!

lulu48 December 26th, 2006 11:15 PM

I have her booked for February
Her rates for 10 would be $30. pp she can carry 14 I think she said.

jq December 27th, 2006 03:30 PM

Does she work with small groups or couples? Just put you with others or ? I emailed but haven't heard from her yet.

cruisebum December 27th, 2006 08:55 PM

Lulu48,

What date in Feb? what ship?
Have you been with rosie before? or just heard about her.
Thanks,
Cruisebum

lulu48 December 27th, 2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisebum
Lulu48,

What date in Feb? what ship?
Have you been with rosie before? or just heard about her.
Thanks,
Cruisebum

We have her booked for Feb 2nd
I have heard that she will also get her husband to do tours if she is booked.

I have just heard about her ...all was good.

lulu48 December 27th, 2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jq
Does she work with small groups or couples? Just put you with others or ? I emailed but haven't heard from her yet.

She will take as many or as few as you book ...If you want to join another group she probably would do that also.

8 or more is $30. pp.... less people more money

she sometimes takes a few days to reply and it is the holiday season also.

jq December 28th, 2006 11:07 AM

Thanks Lula, still haven't heard from her. We have a lot of time in Acapulco and want to see as much as we can with a mixed variety. We have seen bricks and furniture made before but have not been to tequila factory or seen any sites there since its our first trip there.

lulu48 December 28th, 2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jq
Thanks Lula, still haven't heard from her. We have a lot of time in Acapulco and want to see as much as we can with a mixed variety. We have seen bricks and furniture made before but have not been to tequila factory or seen any sites there since its our first trip there.

She may be in Miami visiting her son but she Will get back to you.
I think it was about a week when I emailed her.

She will take you where ever you want to go & for as long as you want.
I have heard she will even take you back to the ship to change then take you out for the evening festivities.

cruisebum December 28th, 2006 10:52 PM

jq,

When you leaving? And what boat?

Cruisebum

jq December 30th, 2006 03:14 PM

Cruisebum,
Princess Dawn from SF for 11 days beg 2/5.

kmm44 December 31st, 2006 12:42 AM

Our cruise is to the MR on Celebrity Mercury 1/29. We are going with Rosie on Feb. 4th., organized by the man who started our roll call thread on CC.
We have 14 in the first van and 10 in the second van to be driven by Rosie's DH. It might be 12 now because a newcomer to the roll call enquired about the tour a couple of days ago. Some of the people want to get back to the ship in time to see the Super Bowl and others would rather keep touring--my choice unless by some miracle the "Bungles" are playing. :wink: Rosie says that's not a problem--whatever we want.
Her tours have gotten rave reviews from everyone who has taken them. I am getting more excited by the day. We leave for San Diego 4 wks from today! :D

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.
1/03 Explorer W. Carib.
8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour
2/04 Adventure S. Carib.
2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal
6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London
1/29 Mercury Mexican Riviera

cruisebum January 1st, 2007 01:24 PM

Rosie will be my tour guide

I finally got ahold of Rosie by e-mail. She will be taking us on Feb. 15th.
Can't wait, I hope she makes Acapulco the place to see!!

ellibob January 14th, 2007 05:57 PM

cruisebum,
i pm'ed you last night, but not sure i did it correctly. i was wondering if you're interested in having approx. 4 people join your group when Rosie takes you touring on Feb. 15th. we'll be on the carnival spirit, will you also? do you know what Rosie will be taking you to see? if you're not interested in having us join you, please let me know so i can make other arrangements. thank you,
bob and cindy
rudolph, wisconin

cruisebum January 14th, 2007 08:49 PM

Bob or Cindy,

If we didn't have already 12 people going we would love to have ya hang with us. As far as knowing what we will be doing, I don't know. We are going to leave that up to Rosie.
Sorry,
Devin

ellibob January 14th, 2007 09:26 PM

OK, thanks for letting me know!!
cindy

kmm44 January 15th, 2007 09:33 PM

Cruisebum and ellibob--If there are more people than Rosie's van can hold (14), she has her DH drive a second van. Check on your roll call thread (here and/or CC) to see if anyone else is interested and you might be able to work it out. We have two vans going on 2/4 and Rosie said she has several friends that will also drive if necessary. She is unbelievably accomodating. :D

ellibob January 15th, 2007 10:00 PM

i have e-mailed both her and her hubby with no response. any ideas on how to get ahold of them another way?? thanks,
cindy

Grandy January 17th, 2007 02:53 PM

Rosies email is dew_days@hotmail.com. Here telephone # is 744-440.03.44 Her cell is UNE 744-185.69.21. We met her in November and highly recommend her. Tell her Sandy and Dennis said hello!!
Her address is Mirador #3Secc.Q Col.Morelos, C.P.39530
Acapulco, Gro.

BigMike'nSparky January 22nd, 2007 01:39 AM

Rosie

We had 12 on a tour with Rosie in November at $30 each. It was absolutely the best tour we have had. She took us everywhere & we ended up visiting her parents home before we headed back to the ship.

Mike

edkmesa May 2nd, 2008 01:13 AM

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for refering Rosie! I just got back from our cruise a couple of weeks ago (April 16, 2008), and Acapulco was amazing! I emailed Rosie about a month before our trip, and she responded very quickly. Unfortunately, she was booked, but we went with a man she works with named Poncho who was very informative and nice. He also spoke great English. We actually followed the van Rosie was driving, so we did the tour with her and Poncho together.

I would highly recommend Rosie! She was so very helpful before the trip, by emailing me and informing me about where to go and what to see. She knows the best places to visit for sure, but if you would like to see something special, just let her know.

She was very prompt and always on time. She was waiting for us outside of the cruise terminal in her pink skirt and white top. She actually had a car seat ready for my son who is 2. The van was very nice with A/C and cold soda and water. Poncho even took us back to the ship as my kids were a little tired and needed to eat. Then, he picked us back up to see the cliff divers.

I felt like I really saw the true beauty of Acapulco and Rosie & Poncho made it a very special visit! We can't wait to go back!

By the way, Rosie was VERY reasonable! She was way less for the whole day compared to what it would have cost for 1 person to take the cliff diver excursion through the ship. So, if you are going, mail her at dew_days@hotmail.com!

Melissa Kruger :D

KennyN May 5th, 2008 07:09 PM

Hey Melissa.. that's a great feedback.. I will definitely have to look her up the next time i take a cruise to mexico..

cateyes2u September 13th, 2008 11:51 PM

I was reading the posts, looking for tours in Oct 08 in Acalpulcpand ran accross the great reviews about Rosie.

I sent her an e-mail at the "dew-days@hotmail.com, and it came back. I would appreciate it if the last people who posted in May 08, would post her current e-mail address.

Thanks

PJ

Grandy September 14th, 2008 03:46 PM

email for Rosie is dew_days@hotmail.com Remember the _ is not - as you wrote. She is really great..

cateyes2u September 16th, 2008 10:05 PM

Thanks Grandy. My e-mail went through, and she is ready and waiting for us to put a group together.

If anyone is on the Star Princess on th October 11th sail date, and want to get join in with my group with Rosie, let me know.

Here's her e-mail message. Looks like we'll get a big bang for our buck. If you are interested, please post.

Thanks

PJ

Hi PJ, thank you very much for requesting my services, I would love to tour you around my beautiful home and town which is ACAPULCO, Iam still available for this date, in case you would like to book me, I do not have any passengers yet, I am the tour company in other words it is only me, and sometime when I have may passengers I ask for some help either to my partner or my cooworkers, color of my van is: beige almost white, a/c van up to 14 passengers, pick up time you decide on that, the tour will last between 5 to 6 hours, prices: 2 to 4 passengers 200dlls. 6 passengers 45 dlls. per person, 8 passengers 40 dlls. per person, 10 or more 35 dlls. per person, about been out there all day long no problem, with me only solutions, i f you have any more questions please E-mail me to dew_days@hotmail.com, thank you very much Rosie

Grandy September 17th, 2008 01:43 PM

Glad you got in touch with her. We have had many friends use her as a guide. Tell her Sandy and Dennis from AZ said hello..Have a great cruise.

cateyes2u September 18th, 2008 05:41 PM

Grandy,

I will let her know you said hello.

PJ

jmartine October 23rd, 2008 04:05 AM

Ok, so those of you who have toured with Rosie, could you give some examples of the places she took you?

-Joe