Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:07 AM
Beginner

Default cabo all inclusive for the day

Any place my friend and I can go for the day while our men are fishing? Maybe a place where we can get a massage and pampered a bit.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Passenger

Why don't you just stay aboard the ship and get pampered and massaged?
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Beginner

Sounds nice, but my friend has never been to Cabo so we'd thought we would tour Cabo then head to an all inclusive.
Thanks.
Old August 14th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Jessica...I myself has never been to Cabo but here is some info I found on the internet....hope this helps.

Cabo San Lucas

You will be tendered ashore here early in the mornining due to tidal conditions. Many ships only remain at this port a few hours, while others stay all day. You will find the best snorkeling at this port, and most people come away wishing they had more time.

If you have only the morning to enjoy Cabo, I strongly recommend you book a shore excursion. Finding shore tours OFF the ship can be problamatic, but not impossible.

When your tender arrives at the Marina, you will have a long walk along the waterfront into town, made shorter by the fact that local merchants set up stalls along the way; selling everything from stuffed frogs to tee shirts, turtle oil and art work. You will get offers to take a water taxi into to twon, which is faster, but often the boat owners will let you off at the beach, into the surf. As long as you are aware of this, it's a fun and fast way to get into town or to the beach. The shopping in town is generally less expensive, but no where near as good as what you'll find in Mazatlan.

1. Snorkeling

If you plan one snorkeling adventure, this is where you should go, as visibility is generally better than in Puerto Vallarta. You'll also see more fish. It's hard to find a decent place to snorkel on your own here. It wouldn't be if you were here for the week, but since your time here will be limited, you should consider booking a shore excursion if you want to go snorkeling. Nearly all the best snorkeling is only accessible by boat. Even beaches you could drive to are more easily had by taking a scenic boat ride. Prices are fairly steep, and your time spent in the water is unfortunately short. But if you've been wanting to go snorkeling, this is the place to do it.

2. Golf

Golf is also king in Cabo, and some of the best courses in Mexico can be found here (all for a price). You can arrange for golf through the shore excursion desk or book it on your own. We have done both, and found it to be no cheaper doing this on your own. Either way, expect to pay around $130 for 18 holes of golf.

3. Beaches

The Melia San Lucas is one of the nicest resorts in town, with a large pool area. If you get there early, you won't be bothered. As a rule, the resorts along the water front discourage cruise passengers, but if you buy drinks and snacks throughout the day, they will let you stay. The beaches in town are narrow and crowded and have very little shade. The water temperature in the summer and fall is comfortable, but the rest of the year, it's in the high 60's to low 70's - quite chilly! With our little one in tow, we found hanging around the Melia resort very enjoyable. The beaches are busy with water taxis and wave runners. Further up the coast towards Los Cabos, you'll find the beaches are wider and less busy. I recommend you snorkel at this port, and spend the day at the beach in Mazatlan.

Shopping and Restaurants

Cabo San Lucas is a great place to go out at night, but during the day, you can still find interesting places to grab a margarita. There a lot of restaurants along the water front and in town. Prices are high, but the atmosphere is great, and worth checking out.

Shopping here is typical of all ports in Mexico, and short of buying a tee shirt, it tends to be on the high side. I personally wouldn't spend much time shopping here, but lots of people swear they found great prices here. If shopping is what you want to do, head into to town.
CCL: Celebration 5/07
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks