CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Best Mexican Restaurant in Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/381596-best-mexican-restaurant-cozumel.html)

Snick's Guy March 30th, 2011 09:10 PM

Best Mexican Restaurant in Cozumel

I have been to Cozumel countless times, and it is one of my favorite Caribbean ports. I have yet to have a really good, authentic Mexican meal there however. Does anyone have any reccomendations for a really good Mexican lunch while in Cozumel. We are in our late 40's, and not really into the partying, loud scene at places like Carlos N Charlies and Senor Frogs (besides the food isn't all that great there). I have had some really bad Mexican food at some tourist traps in Cozumel, and wanting to know if a really good meal exists at this port.

Thanks for your replies.

Phil&Liz March 30th, 2011 10:12 PM

You can try looking around or ask in the forums at Riviera Maya Hotels, Resorts, Rentals: Mexican Caribbean Vacation .

Trackypup March 30th, 2011 10:51 PM

We really like Pancho's Backyard. You can google for directions. It's at the back of a storefront in a courtyard.

CA Cruiser March 31st, 2011 12:21 AM

If you are docked at one of the southern piers, International, try Pancho's Backyard. We have eaten at there twice and enjoyed it. Our ships were docked right there with RCCL and Carnival. If you are docked at the Puerto Maya pier, a little more south, it is still within walking distance. Last August on the Freedom, we had to dock at the northern pier, Puerto Langosta, because we were detoured with Hurricane Karl. It was too far to walk so we just did an all inclusive with lunch at El Cid's right off the pier.

mykebob June 15th, 2012 08:30 AM

There are many restaurants in Cozumel where you can enjoy delicious Mexican food. I can't understand that why you didn't find a nice restaurant, whether there are many nice restaurants. I was there last month and enjoyed Mexican food. I will prefer you Kondesa Restaurant, which will suit your requirements and needs. You will like to food there.

Waterlover January 30th, 2013 01:32 PM

Cozumel is my favorite place on this planet and I am about to go there for the 12th time next week on a Carnival cruise. Hands down, I recommend getting a car, driving around the island and eating lunch at Mezcalitos (you can google it). It is a hole in the wall at the turning point where the road that circles the island meets the road that cuts straight across the island. It is right next to a little store selling blankets, etc.... it's 5000 shades of yumminess and peace and quiet. They have the BEST shrimp fajitas I have ever tasted and their guacamole is to die for.

Just a warning, they have outdoor plumbing and a white blue eyed cat (who loves shrimp) and sometimes a mangy dog hanging around but I've eaten there about 6 times (one my my favorite stops on the island) and have never gotten sick. The clean white sand beach and hammocks becon me on Tuesday....I'll be there for lunch as I am forgoing all of the "tours" to rent a jeep and take my friends on an island tour with Mescalitos being the featured stop.

CozumelComplete March 12th, 2013 10:13 PM

Please remember that food here in the Yucatan is not like TexMex, and also Yucatan cooking is different than some other parts of Mexico. That said, you shoud try Casa Denis, just off the Zocolo. This family has had this traditional place for many years, in fact I believe it was the first on the Island. It is loved by both locals and tourists alike. Good food and reasonable prices.

When walking on the waterfront turn into the Zocolo at "PAMAS" department store. Walk to the end of the square and about another 150 feet on your right. enjoy our island!!!

jackiel3290 February 4th, 2014 07:12 PM

Cozumel restaurants

We have eaten twice at the café at the Cozumel Museum. The museum is nice and the admission is very reasonable. You can go to the café without entering the museum. It is on a 2nd floor balcony that overlooks the bay. We have not been disappointed.