Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > MSC Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Beginner

Default cruise msc orchrestra may 2nd fort lauderdale

is there any one out there cruising msc orchrestra may 2nd to europe 20days cruise.. have anyone any advise who has taken this cruise..

Help

Eilleen
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to catsandra

Hi I feel sorry you have wasted your money on this ship. Just got back, however, was in Florida and did Carribean. I'm a very frequent cruiser and cannot tell you how disappointed you will be with this ship. Bring your own toliet paper is all I can say. Bring your own food as you will starve. Even in my balcony stateroom they never left a extra roll of toliet paper, even at the showroom bathrooms they were out of toliet paper all the time, with no assigned, employee to correct or help us. All ladies were shoving paper towels under doors. Room service is a joke, don't order. They even said no tea and no dessert can be sent. In buffet, the food was better than the dining room, surprizingly, the guys in the coats just "hung around" so when out of glasses no one did anything. I can continue but sadly you already paid for your cruise so just know not to use this lines again. Cindy
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsandra
Hi I feel sorry you have wasted your money on this ship. Just got back, however, was in Florida and did Carribean. I'm a very frequent cruiser and cannot tell you how disappointed you will be with this ship. Bring your own toliet paper is all I can say. Bring your own food as you will starve. Even in my balcony stateroom they never left a extra roll of toliet paper, even at the showroom bathrooms they were out of toliet paper all the time, with no assigned, employee to correct or help us. All ladies were shoving paper towels under doors. Room service is a joke, don't order. They even said no tea and no dessert can be sent. In buffet, the food was better than the dining room, surprizingly, the guys in the coats just "hung around" so when out of glasses no one did anything. I can continue but sadly you already paid for your cruise so just know not to use this lines again. Cindy
Cindy, you are most definitely entitled to your opinion but to tell someone that they have wasted their money is a little harsh isn't it?

We cruised on this ship for 17 days without experiencing anything like what you wrote in your post. Was it perfect? No, it certainly wasn't. But it was far from a waste of money and far from a disappointment.

No one on our cruise starved. The food was good, it was not the same as the more common mass lines but we enjoyed 95% of our meals, which is about the same as we have enjoyed on all the other lines that we cruise. The food that they do well they really do well and the stuff that is a flop is a flop, same as on Carnival and same as on RCI.

There are room service issues, that cannot be denied. But truth be told we recently got off a Carnival ship where we waited forty five minutes for two sandwiches while our youngest daughter was napping, her nap was over before the food arrived so we cancelled. Hopefully MSC will get with the program where room service is concerned.