CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   New England / Canada (
-   -   i need help (

linda in nh May 9th, 2001 05:05 PM

i need help
i've been trying to call the travel agency and finally gave up for today. thought i would have more help here. going to canada on the 21st and need to know what documents we need to bring. (birth cert., ect.) still dont have my tickets.maybe we arent going. oh well, thanks

Ug May 9th, 2001 09:56 PM

Re: i need help
All Canadians need when they visit the States is a Birth Certificate, so I would be 99% sure that's all an American would need when visiting Canada.

Carole Dunham May 9th, 2001 10:15 PM

Re: i need help
Take what you would take to go to the Caribbean. either a passport or an official birth certificate and a photo ID. I strongly urge anyone who likes to travel to get a passport. It's a bargain and it's good for 10 years. It will take you ANYWHERE.


Jo-anne May 26th, 2001 09:47 AM

Re: i need help
We are sailing to Canada aboard the Victory on July 9th and were told to bring our original birth certificates (with the raised seal) and a picture I.D. (driver license). Happy sailing!!

Carole Dunham August 27th, 2001 04:55 PM

Re: i need help
Hi Jo-Anne,

That's the minimum you can take. I was on the Victory to eastern Canada last year and I took my passport which goes with me everywhere. As soon as my passport expires I send it back and get another one. I've had non stop passports since I was 12 (50 years ago). Americans are really funny about getting passports but I can tell you the rest of the world knows how great they are.


PS I'm American.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1