Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2001, 06:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Just back from NCL's Majesty

We just arrived home last night from a wonderful cruise aboard the NCL's Majesty to Aruba, Curacao, Tortolla, and St. Thomas. We had a great time....now it's back to the real world! The food was fabulous, the service was extraordinary, and the scenery was breathtaking. I would go again in a heartbeat, but the $$$$ won't allow it right now, since this trip is not paid for yet. I would be happy to answer any particular questions for anyone.
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2001, 09:30 PM
Frank

Default Re: Just back from NCL's Majesty

I just took the same cruise in January. I agree...it was great. If you haven't tried Egghead.com yet, check it out. You can get a cruise for two for a couple hundred dollars. I'm heading to the Baltic on the Norwegian Dream April 30th.

Happy Sailing!
Old April 21st, 2001, 10:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

How did you enjoy the freestyle cruising. I've read some people complaining about long lines @ dinner but it sounds great to me, although I never minded the assigned seating . how was the entertainment.
Old April 24th, 2001, 11:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

We never had to wait in ANY lines to go into the restuarants or the buffet. Usually we were seated in the restuarants with other people but twice we sat alone, one was our anniversary and the other was just happenstance. The entertainment was good, we aren't 'show' going people normally, so anything was ok by us. We especially enjoyed the comedians. The sing/dance shows were ok. The only negative thing was that the rooms the events were held in were not that great accoustically. The ceilings were low and the speaker system seemed unusually loud. So we always steered away from sitting on the sides of the room. We would definitely go again on NCL's Majesty.
Old May 7th, 2001, 09:10 PM
David & Eddie

We had a fantastic time. The choice of islands that we went to are breath taking. Tortola (verde gorda aka "the baths") was one of the highlights of the trip. We just came back from the April 22 cruise on the NCL Majesty. The food was great, however we did not care for the freestyle cruising, I have cruised many times on other lines and found the service to be much much better then the Majesty's staff onboard. Aruba was also another great port, the natural bridge was fabulous.

--David