Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2004, 07:39 PM
jljlinda

Default Wine Question

We have been sailing Royal Caribbean the past few years and have been able to purchase a reasonably priced wine package for the week. We are considering the Norwegian Dawn for our next cruise (probably w/o Sep 26.) Can someone tell us whether or not a wine package is available on this ship.

Thanks in advance for your help. Also, (hope you do not think we are a couple of drunks), is it possible to buy a bottle of bourbon in the ship's liquor store and then take it to one's cabin for use there?

Jerry & Linda
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2004, 09:33 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Wine Question

LandJ as of the last thing I heard no, you can not buy anything booze in the shops and take to your room. I love NCL, but hate their liquior policy. On the Sun we could purchase 5 bottles of wine thoughtout the week and the 6th was free. It worked great for my daughter and myself as we love wine. We would drink a bottle each night and the 6th night we didn't have to pay. On the Sky with hubby last year they were not offering the buy 5 get one free. I think it depends on the ship. Good luck and have a great cruise!
Old July 11th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Beginner

Just came off the Dawn today. I was able to purchase a bottle of wine at a restaurant, and whatever restaurant you ate at next would get your bottle of wine and serve it to you. Whatever was left would be put away for the next time. They also have the buy 5 bottles, get one free, but since I'm the only one in the family who drinks it, I just bought the one bottle. And prices did not seem too outrageous. And I believe that if you bought booze in the store, they held it for you until the last day.
Old July 17th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Selwyn

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what the wine prices are like on NCL as we are sailing in 4 weeks. Can't wait.

Selwyn
Old July 19th, 2004, 05:08 PM
trish1c

Selwyn -- I don't know the wine prices but the entire list, prices & all, can be found on www.ncl.com their home page. Click around you'll find it.

The mark-up for low end wines is high. There are good values to be had on the mid range wines. I did notice that prices went up since my cruise in March. A bottle of Sena (a big, full bodied cab) had been $49 & was now $79. Gingrich Hills chardonnay had been around $48 & was now $56.

Cheers! Have a great trip.