Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2003, 09:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default NCL SEA - dining question

We sailed the Sea in 2000 from Houston and in the evenings you could eat at the Big Apple if you wished. I get the impression from the things I read now that this is not true any more, is this correct? Also, is there a charge for the pasta restaurant (not sure of name), it wasn't on the Sea in 2000. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2003, 11:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: NCL SEA - dining question

The Big Apple does still exist, but the SEA was completely renovated earlier this year. There are now 5 restaurants on the ship and you can eat at any of them on any night that you'd like. Not sure about the charge for the pasta restaurant, but I know there is a charge for the Bistro restaurant.
Old December 23rd, 2003, 07:02 PM
sls

Have another SEA question. My parents are going on the 31 January cruise. On formal night is their a restaurant to eat at that you don't have to dress up for. They are "WInter" Texans and the moths ate the suit my Dad left there last summer.

sls
Old December 28th, 2003, 10:18 PM
ned

Default Re: Re: NCL SEA - dining question

Free-style dining on NCL means formal wear is optional. Also place and time are your choice. The disadvantage is you don't bond with your tablemates.
Old January 5th, 2004, 04:56 PM
mrblanche

We enjoyed the Freestyle Dining, once we found a waiter we liked. We just asked to be taken to his station every evening. We liked being able to go when we wanted to, because we like to eat a little later than early seating, but not as late as late seating.