Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2004, 01:24 PM
yvonne

Default Entertainment book has $200.00 off coupon for NCL cruises

Anyone interested, Entertainment book has $200.00 off coupon for NCL cruises... Go to entertainment book web site and click on cruises.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Sea of Dreams

Default Re: Entertainment book has $200.00 off coupon for NCL cruise

Do you have any details on the coupon? Just wondering if it needed to be submitted before booking the cruise.

Thanks
Old January 29th, 2004, 07:27 PM
yvonne

Default Re: Re: Entertainment book has $200.00 off coupon for NCL cr

Sea of Dreams

I just found out about it myself. Call your agent and tell them that you hv an Entertainment coupon and want to know if it can be used. Also for your info, NCL will reimburse the difference in price if the fare decreases before your trip. So check the prices w/NCL and if it is lower than what you paid, you're entitled to the difference. I spoke w/an NCL rep and also w/my agent to confirm that info. If I were you I wld check it further, you never know if the NCL employee was 100% accurate.

My friend was able to use the Entertainment coupon when she booked her trip for the
NCL Dawn on April 25th out of NYC. I am also on the same trip but my agent said that NCL will not honor tmy coupon because my fare was already considered a promotional rate which is exceptionally low. I used Cruise Holiday. I am going to call NCL to validate that bit of information myself. I'm really curious to find out why everyone can use the coupon except me. That is why I've decided to post it in the hopes that others will be able to take advantage of it if they can
Old January 29th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Sea of Dreams

I found several of these coupons for sale on ebay this evening. I just can't get them enlarged enough to read the fine printing. It is worth a phone call to find out.

Thanks again!
Old January 29th, 2004, 07:42 PM
CRAZY8

CAN IT BE USED ONBOARD OR FOR BOOKING THE TRIP ITSELF? WHAT BOOK IS IT IN? PLEASE POST WHAT ZIP CODE TO USE. WHEN I CLICK THE CRUISE SECTION IT DIDN'T GIVE MUCH INFO. PLEASE ADVISE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN THANKS.
Old January 29th, 2004, 07:55 PM
yvonne

Sea of Dreams

I just got off the phone w/NCL myself. Here is the scoop. If your cruise consists of 8 or more days then you are entitled to $200.00, If your cruise is 7 days or less, then you are entitled to $100.00 off as long as you did not purchase a cruise w/a promotional rate (like I did). My agency buys large blocks of reservations and I guess they get a good price so no coupon is valid. If you book regular fare, then coupon is valid.

As far as refund in price difference, he said that is true. However, your reservation must not be paid in full at time of price drop. The catch is, most agencies request that the trip be paid in full 75 days prior to sailing and if price decreases 40 days prior, you MUST ARGUE YOUR CASE TO GET REIMBURSEMENT. Nothing worth while is easy, that is what I am finding out.

This is my first cruise, so all is new to me.
If you have questions here is NCL's # 800-327-7030
Old January 29th, 2004, 08:01 PM
yvonne

Crazy 8

The Entertainment book is a book that is sold all over America usually as some sort of fund raiser. It contains great coupons for local dining, movies, stores, entertainment, etc. and now cruises. Use search engine, type in Entertainment Book, . When you get to their main web site put your own zip code in. Then click on cruises and you will see a coupon for NCL cruises (not to be used on board but for reservations). Call NCL at
800-327-7030 and ask if it is valid for your trip or call your agent. Hope that is of some help. There is also one for Princess and I believe RCL.
If you come across any info, please let me know, I'm learning along w/everyone else.