Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Tips McFrigg

Default What if the price goes down?

I booked a Dawn cruise a couple of months ago for March. Since then, I notice the price per person has gone down about $100. Can I call Norwegian (even though I booked through an agent) and get a a refund for the difference? Or is this like an airline ticket, and the price I buy at is the price I am locked into?

Even though I booked through an agent, I ask about contacting NCL directly because my credit card charge came straight from NCL.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:10 PM
bkpier

Default Re: What if the price goes down?

I just tried this and was told by NCL that I had to contact my travel agent since I booked through an agent. My travel agent found out that NCL won't give you the lower price if you are within the cancellation penalty period (70 days prior to sailing, I think.) This is too bad - I could save several hundred dollars without this policy. My understanding is that almost all lines now have this policy. They sometimes don't reduce the prices until just after the penalty period begins.

PS - I could rebook but would be forced to pay a $250 per person penalty - not enough to offset the savings.
Old February 17th, 2004, 01:22 PM
yvonne

Default Re: Re: What if the price goes down?

I had inquired about this situation w/an NCL rep via phone. He said that if the trip is paid in full NCL will not reimburse the difference to any decreases in fare, but I was told that you can file a complaint and argue your case. He did not state that there was a time period such as 70 days prior to sailing. It seems as though every rep has a different rule.

I was told by NCL prior to purchasing my trip that, "yes" they do refund difference in price if it drops, but they seem to leave out the tiny details such as above. This isa very very misleading way to get customers to book early. I'm in the same boat as everyone else. If anyone does get their refund, please post it so others can follow suit!