Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:04 PM
boubie

Default universal studios w/ the Dawn

I have heard people on this board say that their are multiple buses for the Disney parks and that you have to get in line early to get on the first bus...is that true also for universal? Has anyone taken the Universal excursion and have any tips for us? I know we are only going to have a limited amount of time so I want to make the most of it.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:21 PM
First Mate

Default Re: universal studios w/ the Dawn

Hi-

I went to Universal and yes, thay have several busses also . . . .

I recommend doing all the things at the top of your list first and then going back and doing everything else if you have time. When we went it was a slow time of year for the park (end of May) so the lines were very short (the longest we waited was about 10 min.). Are you going to Universal or Universals Islands of Adventure?! If you are going to IOA, do NOT miss "Spiderman" - best ride ever!
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:22 PM
First Mate

Also, its quite a long walk from where they drop you off to the gate so be prepped for that as well.

Norwegian Dawn
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to mariamc

high we went to universal studios on the dawn on 03/02. we got off the ship as soon as they let us and there are buses parked outside waiting for you. there were three buses waiting for the universal people, as soon as one would fill up, it would leave to universal. it was a 45 minute ride to the park not to bad. and when you leave they just tell you where to meet the bus and what time. when we went there were no lines at the park so we did islands of adventure and went on some rides twice. we did not need to purchase the express pass, but if you wand to you can upgrade at the park. we booked all of our excursions on line before we got on the cruise. it is best to book ahead so that you dont have to wait in line at the ship. also all of your tickets will be at your cabin. and you can cancel up to 24 hours.
my advise is to eat a light breakfast early and try to be on line to get off the ship as soon as you can so that you can board a bus and be on your way . enjoy your cruise.

we had a great time. maria
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: universal studios w/ the Dawn

Maria-

Did you go on Spiderman?! Great ride, huh?!
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: universal studios w/ the Dawn

i thought it would be a little korny, we all looooovvvveeeeddd it!!! it was so cool, we are big coaster fans this was different and cool maria did you like dueling dragons?
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:59 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: universal studios w/ the Dawn

I did although I only went on 'ice' - I heard 'fire' is better though? I also loved Jurassic Park.
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:08 PM
cruisenagain

There are multiple busses to Universal. When we went, there were 6 busses. They take people to both Universal and Islands of Adventure. You will have plenty of time at the park. It is helpful to get to the busses as early as possible but if you're not on the 1st one, it doesn't really matter, they all leave as soon as they are full. A piece of advice is to buy your Universal or Islands of Adventure ticket through NCL and then upgrade it to an express pass when you get to the park. NCL charges about $80 extra for the express pass but you can get it at front gate at the park for about $20 or so. And it's well worth it. You get to go in the priority line for many rides, although you can only do it once for each ride. It's worth it though.
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: universal studios w/ the Dawn

we did both , and ice was better, because fire is a little behind and you dont get the same effect when the coasters meet as you do when you are on ice. but both times we screamed very , very, very loud.... and jurrasic park was cool...
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:17 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: universal studios w/ the Dawn

Well then I am glad I went on ice! : )
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: universal studios w/ the Dawn

im glad. when we went there were no lines!!! so we got on a couple of times on some of the rides, but i was so soar and very tired by the time we got back to the ship. thank god for jacuzzis!
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:28 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: universal studios w/ the Daw

I know! We too had no lines so we did ht epark once around and then when we were finished we relized we had time to do another go-around! I was exhausted and that night we were in the hot tub for about an hour and slept like babies that night!
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: universal studios w/ the

its sad but true, we loved it but it was good that it was only one day... we needed to recoup...
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:49 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: universal studios w/

I went to Orlando for vacation a few years ago and for 10 days we did a park everyday and when I got home I was more exhausted then when I left for vacation - I needed a vacation from my vacation!
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: universal studio

that is why i liked this so much. because when we go to disney we are in the parks everyday. it is not really a vacation.. this way we get to go on the rides, get that out our system and then go back to the jacuzzis and pools and food and drink of the dawn.. maria
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: universal st

have a great weekend and to all happy cruising... maria
Old March 15th, 2004, 02:58 PM
sholiday

Just back yesterday from Dawn. We did Universal Studios excursion. You can upgrade you ticket to Express just inside the parks gate when you get there. It is worth every penny to walk past those long lines (this past week was not even school break but still lines!) we hit every ride. My kids are still talking about all the rides!