CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Repositioning cruise to Vancouver on the Sun (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/218760-repositioning-cruise-vancouver-sun.html)

Michelle J. April 5th, 2004 02:58 PM

Repositioning cruise to Vancouver on the Sun

Anyone taken this cruise before? They only seem to run it once or twice a year, so it's been extremely hard to find any comments about it.

As my earlier post mentions, we've been having a lot of trouble with NCL. So I'm curious what the trip itself will be like. We leave in a few weeks. It sounds like the Sun is a great ship, but I haven't heard anything about this particular trip -- LA to Seattle, Victoria and Vancouver.

Thanks in advance for any insights on this route!

Urban trekker April 6th, 2004 09:10 AM

Re: Repositioning cruise to Vancouver on the Sun

I am on this cruise - there is an active message board on the cruise critics website for this sailing - there are about 10 of us who have been chatting for the past two months - won't be able to help you too much the next week as i leave Vancouver for Miami later today to pick up the Sun for it's Panama canal part of the trip.

Our problem with NCL was in getting our documents which we finally did two days ago - seems they have revamped their ticketing system and have been having problems.

As for the cruise - don't know where you are from - haven't done this cruise but have lived on the west Coast all my life - From LA to Seattle -open water and little to see in scenery - Seattle - Victoria - Vancouver - what the trip is all about - lot's of scenery and things to do.

The Cruise critic message people are meeting on the Observation deck on Wednesday April 28, 2004 at 10:00AM - will attempt to bring there thread to the top.

Hope this helps and hope to meet up with you on the Sun.

Michelle J. April 6th, 2004 09:58 AM

Thanks for your response! We're from Northern California, so I do have an idea what to expect along the shore. A little concerned about rough waters, though ... my in-laws went from SF to Victoria on the way to Alaska and said it was rough going, even taking seasick prevention medication. Hoping going a different time of year than they did makes a difference.

I'll have to track down that board on the other site ... crazy days with a 13 month old but will try to take a look tonight.

Michelle

Urban trekker April 6th, 2004 11:37 AM

Michelle - I'm told that the rough area is likely to be off the northern coast of Oregon where the Columbia river empties into the sea - it's current travels far out to sea and this is one reason why ship are a couple hundred miles out to sea.

On my only other cruise we had some rough waters off northern Vancouver Island but i have travelled in lots worst conditions taking the ferry from Vancouver to Victoria etc.

It's www.cruisecritic.com - click on message boards - then cruise lines - then NCL and look for the posts.

Cheers

AT April 7th, 2004 02:56 PM

My husband and I will be on that cruise. There are quite a few posts on a Cruise Critic Board (Google cruisecritic.com, go to "Boards" and look for the Sun 4/27/04 cruise site). No one has been on the Sun, but one of the people posting and going on this cruise did a similar cruise last year from San Francisco to Vancouver.

What kind of trouble have you been having with NCL. Our experience so far has been excellent, but we used a TA.