Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Rich Pentney

Default roughness?

Hello everyone, my wife and I are taking our first Cruise up to Alaska on the Sun on June 27th. My wife has a very sensitive stomach, and I'm very concerned about how rough the waters can be. I was curious on what precautions I should take and what sort of tricks or drugs I can bring for her just in case? We are both 24 years old and we are hoping that there will be lots of activities to keep us busy. Any ideas for fun on the sun? Thank-you everyone for your input.
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Michelle J.

Default Re: roughness?

I would take the anti-seasickness pills they give for free on the ship. Just ask for them at Reception. I heard they were much better than Dramamine, which took forever to work for me. You might also bring along Sea Bands -- they're accupressure bands that go on your wrists. Cut down on morning sickness for me when I was pregnant and supposed to help with seasickness too. Work for some people but not everyone. Most drugstores carry them.

Tricks they mentioned when I was seasick: Look straight at the horizon and get fresh air. Neither did a thing for me, but some people swear they help.

As far as activities, it really depends on what you're into. We're 34 and had a great time. You'll find that the majority of people on the cruise are seniors, but the ones we met were fun people so it wasn't a factor. There are all sorts of activities ... gambling, fitness, spa treatments, shows, auctions, tours, Internet. Not to mention all of the food! Days are very easy to fill. Only negative, I'd say, is that you'll never get access to the pool or hot tubs. Constantly full, primarily with kids. But going to Alaska, you may not be eager to head outdoors anyway.

Have a great trip!
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:57 AM
chip Brady

Default Re: roughness?

yOU WILL FIND ABOUT 4 HOURS OF ROUGH WATER GOING BOTH WAYS AS YOU ENTER THE STRAIT OF jUAN dE fUCA. wALMART SELLS A PAIR OF BRACELETS THAT REALLY WORK. i THINK THEY WERE ABOUT 8.00 A PAIR.
cHIP