Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:28 AM
First Mate

Default Dream or Not to Dream

We sailed Norwegian in 95 our very first cruise on the Norwegian Wind, then it was the Windward. Loved it great cruise, crew, food etc. Haven't sailed on that line since, although we have been on RCCL, Celebrity, Princess. Just booked a cruise on the Dream, senior special 55 & over, to Western Caribbean out of New Orleans. Islands offered and price were the reason we booked. Now after reading posts about the Dream I am having second thoughts. Same islands are offered on the Star out of Houston and was wondering should I opt for Star instead?? Please give me your opinion I would appreciate what you think. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:30 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Dream or Not to Dream

OOPS!!!!!! Ship is the Star not the Sea that is offered Sorry.
Old June 17th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Dream or Not to Dream

I sailed on both the Sea and the Dream recently. If the engine problems are solved on the Dream, then take the Dream. The ship is newer and much larger. The cabins are much larger, there are more places to eat, a full room service menu and the ship is nicer overall. Now having said all that, I still would sail on the Sea if there were a substantial price difference between the Sea and the Dream.
Old June 18th, 2004, 01:34 AM
chip Brady

Default Re: Dream or Not to Dream

Hi,
Just returned May 25 from the Baltic cruise on the Dream. If you have any questions about the ship, I will be glad to give you the good and the bad. We would sail on the Dream again.

Chip Brady cb2052@earthlink.net