Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to nycruiser
Default Dawn in October

I recently returned from the Dawn a couple of weeks ago and I had such a great time I am ready to again! Im not sure what it was the ship was very nice, the itinerary is OK but I think what attracted me was the Freestyle dining. I have to say I was a skeptic and now I am a beleiver!

So that brings me to my question. I want to go again but during the Colombus Day weekend. The week is October 10th I believe. I want to know at that time how is the water? I know this varies and on our way up and down on my last sailing it was like glass.

And I also want to know are there a lot of kids during October or that week? Im sure its less then the summer. Don't get me wrong I love to see kids enjoying themselves on the cruise. Just on Dawn in July there were to many rowdy teens.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to vanello
Default Re: Dawn in October

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I would like your opinion. You have traveled on a number of cruise lines. We are planning a trip to the Carribean in Spring or early summer 2005. Do you suggest Carnival or NCL? I have cruised with Carnival and had a wonderful time. Just thinking we might try another line.
Thanks!
Old August 13th, 2004, 01:18 PM
LIbets

We are booked that week and are traveling with two kids. Took Carnivals Legend in October a few year ago. New York was 60 degress, needed a light windbreaker on deck. Also, had some rough waves. A noreaster had gone by the day before. As you go farther south it warms up. Only draw back is, hurricane season runs throuhg the end of Nov. Hope this helps.
Old August 13th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to nycruiser

Yes, thank you Llbets. I forgot hurrican season is still during that time. I may still rough it because I had a great time in July on th Dawn. I need to go again and the rates are good then.

Vanello- I have to say I enjoyed NCL better then Carnival. I liked the Freestyle Dining. It is not for everyone but you have to experience it to determine this. I felt the service and friendliness of the staff was excellent and the ship was very nice. Its the 2nd best ship I have been on. Of course the Dawn is a newer ship and I might have had a different view of NCL on one of their older ships. NCL does have a new ship the Norwegian Jewel doing the Caribbean late summer so you may want to look at that. Or think of the Dawn I know the itinerary is not the greatest.

But I will still sail Carnival I just prefer NCL and Celebrity.