Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Bob K

Default Norwegian Majesty Western Caribean Experience

We are planning to take the Norwegian Majesty from Charleston to the GRand Caymans and Cozumel next January. We were wondering if anyone has cruised to these locations and/or on this boat in January and if there were any rough seas then.

Also, we were wondering about your overall experience on this boat. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2004, 08:58 AM
DEAN HOFFMAN

Default Re: Norwegian Majesty Western Caribean Experience

i went on the majesty on april 10 it was my 1st cruise and i love it, most of all the ship and charleston is a great city to sail out of if u have any ? just e-mail me.

Dean
Old September 23rd, 2004, 05:23 PM
First Mate

I was on this ship but cruised the Western Carib., on a different one.

The Majesty is a wonderful ship, with a homey ambience, and friendly attentive crew. Our Majesty cruise from Boston to Bermuda was simply lovely.

Our Western Caribbean cruise was aboard the Carnival Triumph, also a delightful ship---------albiet mega-sized.

We prefered Grand Cayman to Cozemel. Unfortunately, the port call was too short.

Grand Cayman seemed cleaner, Long Beach was fantastic, and shopping was plentiful.

While on Grand Cayman we visited the Turtle Farm where naturalists conducted informative tours.

Hope that this was helpful.
Old September 29th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Bob K

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Majesty Western Caribean Experience

Thanks for your positive feedback regarding the Majesty. I've heard other good things from others.

We were hoping that the seas would be relatively calm and warm even in January. Do you know of anyone who has cruised during the winter in the Carribean before?

Bob K
Old September 29th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Bob K

Barb,

Thank you very much for this helpful feedback.

Bob K
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:48 AM
Passenger

My 1st time too. I'll be taking the same cruise Jan. 1

Luckily the Grand Cayman will be up again by that time.

Keep in touch.

Teresa
Old October 21st, 2004, 08:19 AM
mikefast

Well, I wasn't there in January, but was there in December of last year. The water was calm enough that we were able to tender into Cancun. That was the first time we were able to tender into Cancun in three different trips. The water was warm, temperature then was in the 80's
Old October 21st, 2004, 08:44 AM
KaciR

My family will be sailing on the Majesty the week of March 19 - 26. We are especially excited because we will be able to drive to Charleston instead of flying. I need information on parking in Charleston. If anyone has any info, please e-mail me or post here. Thanks.

We have cruised on the Star in Hawaii and the Sea to the Southern Carribean also. I love NCL and have never had a single problem sailing with them.

If anyone is booked on the same Majesty cruise, please e-mail me!

Bon voyage!
Old October 21st, 2004, 09:35 AM
Sebastion

Grand Cayman is wonderful and even though they had damage from hurricane Ivan they will be in full swing by Janauary I'm sure. You have to go to stingray city, we LOVED IT and do it as often as possible. http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/CaptainBryan.htm]Catamaran Stingray City trip[/url] and we emailed them to book a tour and all of their catamaran boats are in great shape, no damage from the hurricane. They are lucky as so many were damaged. Can't wait to return to Grand Cayman
Old October 21st, 2004, 12:03 PM
Passenger

"they will be in full swing by Janauary I'm sure"

Good to know.

I couldn't read the activities pdf from NCL site because it is messed up.

Do they offer the Mayan Ruins?
Old October 22nd, 2004, 07:23 AM
GC

We are booked on the repositioning cruise from Charleston back to Boston in April. After cruising on the Majesty in August, and being so happy with that great ship we can hardly wait. Do you know of anyone else who has done this cruise? Can you give me feedback? We can hardly wait.
Old October 27th, 2004, 09:00 AM
ted antoneskou

Default Re: Norwegian majesty obstructed suites?

Hello all firstly this is the best cruise site in the world...thank's! My family is planning to sail to bermuda this summer and we would like to know if there is a list to show which mini-suite cabin's are obstructed and which ate 100% full outside view? If you call the cruise line they just tell you that all are partially obstructed,which is not true! Hey if anyone out there know's of a cabin number with a a view other than a life boat please post!.......thank's all.....happy cruising!.......Ted Antoneskou
Old November 10th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Beginner

We always cruise in January. Most of the time the seas have been smooth - we hit a storm last Jan and 1/2 of the ship became ill - it was rough. The other cruises were fine. It is nice and warm in Cozumel and Grand Cayman ( quite hot actually). Florida can get cool at times, but still warmer than Tennessee.

Old December 18th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Lysa

WE took the Carnival Triumph out of Charleston 2 years ago and the parking we actually well organized considering all the vehicles. The biggest issue we had was once you park it is quite a walk to the ship, they didn't have very many shuttles running. But the trip was wonderful anyway...

Hope this helps
Old December 24th, 2004, 08:33 PM
licruiser

The Majesty is small compared to other ships and the buffet is ver ydisappointing--the selection is skimpy and there is virtually nowhere to sit.

It's the only ship that you must eat all the meals in the dining room.

The good news is that the food in the dining room is excellent and the service is excellent.

Our problem is we went on the Majesty several weeks only after getting off the Dawn, so it felt like I went on the Dawn's tender.

Have fun! Cozumel and Cayman are the best.