Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2004, 09:27 PM
The Hills

Default 1993 Sun Viking - NCL

In December 1993, my husband and I and two friends took a cruise to St. Barts, St. Maarten, St. Croix, St. Thomas, Guadeloupe and St. Thomas. I believe the Sun Viking was a NCL ship but since all the ship names have changed I am not sure if it actually was a NCL Ship. We are having a debate over this!!

Any long term cruisers out there that can confirm the Sun Viking was an NCL ship.

The Hills
Ottawa Canada
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Ginnie

Default Re: 1993 Sun Viking - NCL

The Sun Viking was not an NCL ship. She was one of the original Royal Caribbean ships, Song of Norway, Sun Viking and Nordic Prince. RCL stretched the Song of Norway and the Nordic Prince and kept the Sun Viking her original size of only about 17,000 tons. We loved her, and sailed her several times. One of our favoirte cruises was in 1997 round trip from Singapore through Indonesia, 2 days in Bali, and stops in Thailand. She was a very intimate ship, and at the end of our 14 day cruise we had met just about everyone on board. Her cabins were tiny, but we all seemed to manage somehow.
We have very fond memories of her and the Nordic Prince as well, prior to and after her stretch.
Happy Cruising, Ginnie
Old October 9th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: 1993 Sun Viking - NCL

The Sun Viking was the best ship ever.. Nice size and you got to know everbody.. I was on it three times.. Things will never be the same again.. Oh well.. OM