Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:13 PM
MAS

Default Anyone traveling with an infant 5/29 Crown?

I am traveling on the Norwegian Crown on the 5/29 sailing to Bermuda. My husband and my sister will be coming along as we bring our 11 month old daughter on her first cruise. This will also be our first cruise with a child. I am a little nervous. Other posts indicate that the Crown is old and not kid friendly. That is a much different story than the information my travel agent gave me. I hope that I did not make a mistake by booking this cruise. I thought Bermuda would be the best place to bring a child since I hear it is very clean and safe. After researching other ships Norwegian is the only one with a bathtub so that we can give our little girl a bath and the freestyle dining works best. This way we are not subjected to eating at a set time. We can go when it is the best time for our daughter. Now I hear there is one pool on the whole ship and not much room to sit in the sun on the sun deck. Plus, they say the ship is very old. Is anyone else traveling with children on that cruise? I hope that I did not make a mistake. My husband and I love going on cruises and we just wanted to go on another one and bring our daughter.
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2005, 11:39 PM
AnonYmouS

Default Re: Anyone traveling with an infant 5/29 Crown?

oh you sure picked a great ship. i love the crown. you will be just fine. your child is too young to be in the kids program anyway. the great thing about the crown- is that you move around to 3 differnet ports. while the majesty, who also joins the crown later on in the summer, stays ONLY St. Georges. WHereas you will be in St Georges, Hamilton and the Dockyard (aka Kings wharf!)
What sort of things would you like, to make the Cruise "kid friendly" for your 1 year old?
what kinds of things do you expect for your 1 year old child?
you dont' need anything on the ship you have thoese 3 fab ports, wtih great beaches, shopping and harbour night- in ..... Hamilton. NOt sure exact dates as to when it begins..but if its on- its a festival on the mainstreet of hamilton- just where the ship docks.. face painting, balloons, food, little tables to buy things.
Who cares what the ship is- i'd hope you would be spending most of your time on shore, than onboard!