Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Ed108

Default RollCall for NCL Sun March 5,05

Is anyone going on the Sun March 5? We are a gay couple from Maryland on our 4th cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Jo T

Default Re: RollCall for NCL Sun March 5,05

Hi Ed,
Have you been on the Sun before? If so, please tell me how you liked it and what I might expect. If not, please drop a line after you return to give me the scoop. I am a first-time cruiser booked on the Sun 4/9/05.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:14 AM
Ed108

Default Re: Re: RollCall for NCL Sun March 5,05

This will be our first time on the Sun. We liked the Dawn and we prefer the Freestyle cruising on Norwegian over Holland America and Carnival.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
Jo T

Have a great trip. Please drop a line when you get back to tell me how you liked it (or not).
Old February 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Joslynn

My husband and I are on the Sun for March 5th. We've been on 4 previous cruies with RCCL so the Freestyle concept should be different for us. We're from Michigan...8 inches of snow comming today...looking forward to the warmer weather.
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:12 AM
Ed108

Yes, we got 6 inches here in Maryland. The weather in the western Caribbean should be a big improvement. We're hoping it's not too windy and rough so the water will be clear for snorkeling. Hope to see you on board. We are in Room 0213.
Old March 14th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Ed108

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Sun. While in Belize we used a local guide with a comforatble, air-conditioned van. He was very knowledgable and pleasant. His name is Francis and his email is: fptours@yahoo.com.
Old March 14th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Jo T

You said you had a wonderful trip. How was the ship, the food, entertainment, etc? I sail on the Sun in 27 days. What did you like least?
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Ed108

The food and the service were excellent.

We found the Seven Seas to be all the "fancy " we needed.

We did not care for the "Deluxe " Beach Excursion in Cozumel at Plaza De mayo? It was crowded and not at all up our alley - lots of drinking and busy.

On the other hand, in Roatan we went on our own to Sandy Beach Resort which has the "Spooky Channel" through the reef. It was wonderful, quiet, and friendly.

If you like to snorkel, bring your gear and in Cayman take the cabs that run along the main drag a little past the beach to Cemetary Reef, you can walk right into the best snokeling you may ever find! The cabs are three dollars each way, bring small bills.

Have fun.