CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Houston Hobby Airport to Le Porte Cruise shipt terminal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/220039-houston-hobby-airport-le-porte-cruise-shipt-terminal.html)

drkw28 March 29th, 2005 01:32 PM

Houston Hobby Airport to Le Porte Cruise shipt terminal

Since I just went through researching transportation from Houston Hobby Airport to the cruise terminal in Le Porte, I thought I would share my findings.

Rental Car
Enterprize rental at Hobby Airport. 800 713 645-7222
Standard size care=$59.99 dropping off in Seabrook and taking a shuttle to the
cruise ship terminal. Last shuttle on Sat. is 11.45 am. Another option mentioned was to leave the car at the cruise terminal....keys in it. Enterprize charges $3 for this service after hours.

Returning to Hobby
Enterprize rental at the cruise terminal. 1 281 474-4466 (Seabrook office)
Standard size car waiting for you at the cruise terminal=$70.32

NCl does not have a shuttle from Hobby to the cruise ship. On a return they will send a shuttle if 20 or more people need to go to Hobby.Guess you request this at the purser's desk????

Shuttle
Airport America Shuttle 281 530-4000 is $20 per person each way.
Pick you up outside baggage terminal.....need to call then on debarkation in LePorte
Kay's Transport 832 265-5049 a "mom and Pop" one van service $30 per van each way
You make a resevation and call them from the Hobby terminal and the Cruise ship
after debarkation.

Taxi
Was quoted $40-$45 each way per cab. Could be more because it is metered.

It seems that the number of people traveling together would dictate what type of transportation you might use.

Hope this helps.

Kent

sceneisle March 29th, 2005 10:07 PM

Re: Houston Hobby Airport to Le Porte Cruise shipt terminal

Kent - I sure appreciate your effort..............thanks a lot for the research/info.

X-pedition - 06/2005
Oosterdam - 10/2005
Tahitian Princess - 12/2005
Norwegian Dream - 01/2006

Ryndam - 12/2004

Ginamarie March 30th, 2005 09:11 AM

Kent, thanks a lot! This is something that I've been meaning to do, and you've helped me immensely.

dallas22 March 30th, 2005 09:24 AM

Kent,

Thanks! We did find a limo for 5 people for $110.00. This is another option and worked well for us because we are only in Houston once. The cruise will end in LA and we will use the Cruise Bus Service.

drkw28 March 31st, 2005 11:29 AM

Hi Dallas

Thanks for adding to the choices.........for 5 that pricing makes it similar to a bus ride and you are in a limo.

And lucky you...........sounds like you are going through the Pamana canal....unless you know a short cut to Los Angels....smiles

Kent