Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
K&K

Default Dream Report 3/20-3/27

Pleasantly surprised with this cruise after reading all of the negative reviews!!! Going into this trip, I decided to just judge for myself instead of listening to those negatives. I figured "just how bad could it possibly be"???

Food - it was wonderful. Each restaurant had a great menu and all of the food that we ordered came out EXACTLY the way we ordered it. We only waited once the whole trip to get into a restaurant and it was maybe a 5 minute wait. The servers were always pleasant, quick and efficient. We were able to get in, eat 4-5 courses and bet out within 30-45 minutes. The food was beautifully presented and was flavorful as well.
Buffets are really not my thing, but the food was o.k. on the buffets when we wanted a quick snack - but it is buffet food so take it for what it is worth -buffet.

Room Stewards - They were FABULOUS!! They treated us so well. Everytime we saw them (very frequently) they always greated us, told us to have a great day or asked how our day on the excursion was. Always asked us if there was anything we needed, made up the room each time we left, replenished the towels and ice bucket. Every night we had a lovely new "Towelie" waiting for us!! I could go on and on about how much we loved our Room Stewards.

Entertainment - There were so many choices and all of them were good for us. Some of the shows were a little cheesy, but that added to our comedic entertainment value. We loved the trivia contests and the game shows. Speaking of comedians, they were great. I laughed so much on this trip. In regards to music, there was a good variety for people of all tastes and ages - we spent our time in Dazzel's Disco since they seemed to play more current up to date music and the DJ seemed to have every song that we ever requested so that was good. We had fun dancing all night. Simon the cruise director and his staff kept everyone very busy and happy.

On the downside - There was this one bartender that never gave me the time of day - so I chose to go to another bar. One reception employee who was helpful but seemed a bit *****y to me -oh well- Yes the boat rocks and rolls - was sea sick the 1st night into the 2nd day, so I took Dramamine and was fine after that. The pool area is super crowded on sea days so if you want a chair - get out there early, put down a towel to save it otherwise forget it you will be standing. Drinks are pretty expensive, but they are comparable to any resort. I did have cocktails every day and night and a bottle of wine or 2 and only spent $400 for the entire week so that is pretty good. Tendering is a pain, but that is cruise life on any cruise right?

All in all - it was great and I would go back on the Dream in a flash - good value for the price - met fabulous people and had a great time. I think because we were kind and courteous to the staff, they treated us with kindness and great hospitality - maybe the guests with the bad reviews are just ungrateful nasty people who could never be pleased -remember to treat others as you would like to be treated and it will come back to you! -Kim
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2005, 12:38 PM
cruzzz1000

Default Re: Dream Report 3/20-3/27

Thanks for the review.
Did you follow the Daily Schedule and try some of the activities on Board>
Which activities did you try that you might not otherwise consider when at home?
I want to expand my horizons (hobbies).
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:47 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the review, it sounds like you had a great time.

You made one statement that I couldn't let go without comment though:

" maybe the guests with the bad reviews are just ungrateful nasty people who could never be pleased -remember to treat others as you would like to be treated and it will come back to you! -Kim"

As you are remembering to treat others as you would like to be treated, I guess you would like to be referred to as as "an ungrateful and nasty person" ?

It makes me laugh whenever I see a poster claiming that they got good service because they are such nice polite people ,and then go on to say rude things about anyone who had a different experience than they did.lol
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:31 AM
K&K

Default Re: Re: Dream Report 3/20-3/27

Yes we did follow the dailies in order to plan out our time. We took our dailies with us pretty much all of the time to be sure we didn't miss anything good. There were so many activities that it was hard to do everything that we wanted (especially on port days as the day was spent on an excursion). We planned dinner around the late afternoon/evening activities. Everynight after dinner we did Team Trivia then headed to a show - by then I was too tired to stay up past 11 so I only made it to 2 midnight buffets - definetly went to the Chocholic Buffet!!!

They had anything you could imagine to keep you busy - there is a link on another cruise website where someone scanned all of the dailies and all of the menues - Even though it was from a few months ago they were pretty much the same -you may want to check that out??

KIM
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:41 AM
K&K

Default Re: Re: Dream Report 3/20-3/27

Yes Gardencat - I must be a nasty and ungrateful person ?
Sorry if you took my comment as rude. Didn't know you would be so sensitive.

I was going to justisfy why I said what I said, but I don't believe that anything I say would reverse your opinion of me and that is o.k. Peace & Love to you honey
Old April 6th, 2005, 11:58 AM
pcboston

Kim,

It's pretty presumptuous of you to assume that everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view has to be " rude and nasty " people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and experience and you have no right labeling people because their cruise experience was not the same as yours. The original poster asked for information, and I am sure she wanted honesty and pros and cons, not sugar-coating. Some of us tried to give her exactly that. This cruise had a great staff and some good ports, I also liked Roatan, Tabyana beach was beautiful. There are many things I have liked about Norwegian, just did not like this particular ship and tried to tell the poster why. I have also loved my Royal Caribbean, Princess, Carnival, and Disney cruises, so for you to make a blanket statement about posters that have a different outlook than you is quite unfair. Would love to know what other ships you have been on to compare to this cruise that entitles you to be so judgmental of others.

gardencat

You sound like a person I would enjoy knowing. Your comments were right on.
Old April 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM
7cees

I too found your comment very offensive..something like a middle-school mentality,
When you go on a cruise, you are paying for good service, not bargaining for it,
Old April 7th, 2005, 08:00 AM
First Mate

" I don't believe that anything I say would reverse your opinion of me"

I don't have an opinion of you. I know hardly anything about you. My opinion of your post is that it is amusing in an ironic sort of way.

"Sorry if you took my comment as rude. Didn't know you would be so sensitive."

Here is an idea.

Today while you are out and about, if you hear a stranger make any comment that is less than totally positive, - e.g. "Gee it's cold today."

You stop,turn to them and say something like,

"My, you are an ungrateful and nasty person, I bet you couldn't be pleased by any weather the good Lord would send your way."

Then observe their reaction. I think you might be surprised by how many sensitive people you will find out there.

May joy, love, peace and all of God's blessings flow down upon you, honey.

Post Edited (04-07-05 11:15)