Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Default Norwegian Crown / Excursions South America

Could somebody tell me about the excursions (nature) in South America. What to do or what to do not! (Norwegain Crown Nov 5).

The optional cruise to Machu Picchu is so expensive. Is there an other option?
And is there some information to stay longer in Chile? Hotel, rent a car, what to see in a week?

And is it a nice ship?

Al info is welcome.....
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:27 PM
bobnpaml

Default Re: Norwegian Crown / Excursions South America

JanT,
We are also on the Crown Nov.5. If you go to NCL's website, they list some of the shore excursions.
we also wanted to go to Machu Pichu and for the same reason will not. I think however there are several more ruins to be seem at a MUCH more reasonerable price range. Under $100 pp.
This is our first cruise on NCL so any information anyone has about this ship will be of great help. Pam
Old April 16th, 2005, 07:42 PM
aka

The Crown is the smallest ship in the NCL fleet. Small is definitely not a bad thing, however. The ship has to be small to go in to some of it's ports - that's the advantage.
The small ship means it is easier to get around and to find other people. It also gives you the opportunity to get to know other passengers when you see them so often. There are fewer restaurant choices than the bigger ships. The standard activities are offered. There's just one pool. I found the bathrooms were larger on the Crown than some of the other ships ... most including full bathtubs.
Old April 24th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Isabel

My husband and I are on the same cruise and have the same questions. We are seriously considering Machu Pichu as it will probably be our only chance to see it. Is the trip by air or rail? I don't seem to be able to get the info on our version of the NCL site.
Old April 24th, 2005, 05:23 PM
bobnpaml

Isabel and Jan. There is a roll call for this cruise on Cruise Critic's web site. There are about `10 of us posting. You are both welcome to join us. There are several of us from Texas and Fla. going. The more the merrier, Jan from what I've read about Machu Pachu it is by both air and rail. Pam
Old April 25th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Bob and Pam,
Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at the CC web site. Jim and I are from the UK and love cruising.