Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:56 PM
maryellen

Default NCL Dawn

I noticed this week's itinerary on the Dawn was different from other weeks. No stop at Nassau and an overnight in MIami. Is this going to be the norm? Are they trying to work out better ports of call on this ship. The stop in Nassau seems way to short to do anything worthwhile. Is there a problem in Nassau? I am scheduled on the Dawn in May and was just wondering. Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Shoreguy

Default Re: NCL Dawn

This week was very different. The Dawn will be back in NYC by 5 am on Sunday to allow for a film crew to board and shoot a new ad.

The prior few weeks they have trying a new itinerary with an overnight in Nassau. This might become the norm. They leave the private island at 4 pm and dock in Nassau at 8 pm. You get a chance at the nightlife but depart at noon on friday.

This change should reduce the problems with the short turn around in NYC. The current itinerary gets the ship in at 10 am if its ontime. The new one has had it in NYC at 8:30.
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:30 PM
maryellen

Default Re: Re: NCL Dawn

Thanks shoreguy. If any one else has info on this I would appreciate any replies. Thanks to all for any info!!!
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Steve3

That stinks. I have friends on the boat now and all they gave the passengers a $100 credit.
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:06 PM
shoreguy

Steve3
That stinks. I have friends on the boat now and all they gave the passengers a $100 credit.

They also gave them the option to cancel. Not a bad itinerary. Reserve your judgement until they return. I would like a chance to enjoy a little of South Beach's nightlife.
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Helen T

Hi, I just got back on 10th April from week on Dawn. When we got to the pier we were given a leaflet advising that the itinerary had been changed and that we would be having an overnight in Nassau and leaving at 12.00 the next day. I booked a shorex in Naussau for a beach party which left at 8pm as soon as Dawn docked in Naussau, and returned at midnight. In the event due to a technical problem we didn't arrive in Nassau until 9pm - the shorex was still going to run, but from 9pm - 1am. I decided to cancel as I had my 12 year old with me and he would have been too tired. Next morning all aboard 11.30am - I felt that this had been too short and that it ruined the itinerary.

I understand Dawn is often late into New York due to weather problems and despite having our last stop cut short due to very difficult weather it was still 10.00 when we got back into NY and they didn't start to let us off the boat until 12.30.

I don't think that this is a brilliant itinerary and wouldn't bother coming over from UK to do it again.
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:15 PM
shoreguy

Helen T

I would not bother coming over from the UK either for the Dawns current or past 7 day itinerary. It is designed to attrack local passengers who don't need or want to fly. If I had to get on an airplane for 7 ghourd I could find a lot of better alternatives.

If you like the Dawn and NYC try one of the 10/11 day itineraries or fly to Florida or PR.
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Ginnie

Default Re: Re: NCL Dawn

I just found out from clients onboard the Dawn that they didn't stay overnight in Miami, after all. They went to an out island instead, and just had the day in Miami, as stated in the original itinerary.
Ginnie
Old April 16th, 2005, 08:56 AM
maryellen

I was hoping to receive some input from "American Pride". By your replies to others, it sounds like you are a member of the NCL family. Would you comment please on the itinerary for the Dawn. Are there changes in store for this cruises' itinerary? Why is the stay in Nassau so short?
Thanks.
Old April 16th, 2005, 12:40 PM
maryellen

Default Re: NCL Dawn- Rough Seas

Check out the NewsUpdate on the NCL website. Apparently the Dawn ran into some pretty rough weather last night. Windows in a couple of cabins were broken and a few folks sustained minor injuries. Check out the NCL website for the latest!!!!