Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:18 AM
beabkc

Default New to NCL

Goodmorning everyone
My family and I will be cruising on Nov 19th out of New york this will be the first time on NCL Spirit. We have cruised rccl several times. We are looking for information on the ship, kid programs teen programs & more information regaurding freestyle cruising. Our trip will take us to Kings Warlf, St Thomas & St MArtains. Any suggestions on the tours? Well thanks in advance I will be asking for more advic I'm Sure. Oh yea one moe questions. Tipping I always tip How do we handle to waiters? Sorry this is all new. On rccl you have one waiter.
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:27 AM
First Mate

Default Re: New to NCL

The tips are automatically added to your bill. 10.00 per person per day. They are put on your bill daily. If you wish to tip the waiter any more, we usually find a waiter we like and stick with him for the duration of the cruise, then just hand him cash one night during the week.
I have never been on the Spirit, am considering going in January or February, I heard its a very nice ship.

Explorer of Sea 2003
Norwegian Dawn 2004,2005
Voyager of the Sea 05/05
Celebrity Zenith 1/23/06
Celebrity Century 11/13/06
Norwegian Dawn DD cruise 10/14/06
Celebrity Constellation TA 9/15/07
Norwegian Dawn 10/25-26 Nowhere
Old May 26th, 2005, 04:35 PM
First Mate

On NCL a daily service charge for each passenger in your cabin will appear on your final bill. There is no need to tip the waiters or cabin stewards unless they perform some service out of the ordinary.
Old May 30th, 2005, 12:20 PM
newmexicoNita

I think the tip question has been answered for you $10 per day and kids under 12 it's $5. You can tip extra for outstanding service, but it isn't expected. St Martin, we just did the get off the ship thing and walked around and for St Thomas, we have done lots of things: Mehans Bay is awesome, great for snorkeling, a trip over to St John's is another wonderful tour with outstanding snorkeling. Of course there is always shopping with never ending jewelry and liquors choices and golf. Hope this helps a little. NMNita
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Ginamarie

My family and I are scheduled to be on the same cruise with you :-) It will be our second cruise with NCL, since my husband and I are also scheduled to cruise on Norwegian this summer. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you more about NCL after our summer cruise. We have never been to Bermuda, but St. Martin and St. Thomas have great beaches and shopping. We're hoping to get some scuba in at St. Thomas or St. John.
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:01 AM
stew

Default ncl dawn oct 2 with kids

anyone else with toddler on the dawn oct 2nd....................
Old June 22nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
badrideboy

ncl is the best line out of all of them, i will be going on the spirit after you guys on the 27 of november for 11 days , the ship is wonderful and will be dry docked in october and referbished for the november itinerarys. so the spirit should be in tip top shape, im sure you'll love it and the free style cruising is awsome you'll never want to go back after that, trust me i know i go three times a year.