Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default NMNITA - Comment on Wine

OK - just to get this straight - do you have to pay the bar you buy the bottle of wine at an additional $15 corkage fee if you take it back and open it yourself in your cabin? Thinking about that buy 5 get 6 free...

Also you have a new box wine addict! I bought a box right before Rita hit as the store was closing and it was still headed to Houston and we really liked it!!! See what you started! What brands are good do you know? I tried Franzia and like the Merlot and Cab - think Cab might be better - not sure yet... Have you tried it or other brands?? Debbie
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:29 PM
Admiral

No, if you buy it on the ship you do not pay an additional corkage fee; man that would get pricey. As for the box stuff, I am a cheap drunk. I like the box stuff. The 5 liter is really gut wrenching but I do drink it; the 3 liter boxes are much better. If I had to worry about hurridanes I would probably drink about anything.

NMNita
Old November 15th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Passenger

@ NMNita...yes, I know what you mean about hurricanes! Franzia is our favorite! We were just blown away by the taste...no pun intended.