Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:15 PM
First Mate

Default Just got back from NCL JEWEL, here's my great story

This was our 4th cruise… first with NCL.

We went on the norwegion jewel, from miami to san juan to st. johns antiqua to st thomas to stirrup cay. San juan was very americanized. We did the old and new san juan tour. At antigua we had a lobster lunch on the beach and swam. Saw a valcano across from antigua spewing ash, that was awesome. At st thomas we went to maegans bay, very pretty. Then stirrup cay was a beach break, water was very nice, beach was crowded though. There was a rainbow as we approached st thomas and it ended right next to our ship in the water, pretty cool huh???

As for the ship, clean, beautiful, staff very friendly and genuine! We ate in the french restraunt la bistro…had to pay $10/per person, but WORTH EVERY PENNY. Our seat was a plush red velvet curved couch with throw pillows. I had escargot mmmm, He had a norwegion seafood something appetizer he kept going on and on and on about that, very tastey…filet minogn with a truffle sauce mmmm, cheescake for dessert. Top notch food and service I highly recommend. My husband was skeptical at first about the french food, but after the cruise was over he agreed the french place was the best of all the restraunts. We went to cagney’s steak house. 15$/per person, Very good. I got the lamb, he got the steak. I also got the oysters rockerfeller casserole appetizer…good. He got the crab cake, very good. For dessert, sinful dark chocolate cake OH MY GOD! YUM! We also ate at the non pay restraunts… good as well. Tsars place was very nice (main dinning room). Each time we were sat next to the window overlooking the ocean. Candle light dinners every night.

The kids club was crowded, but I believe that was due to all the spring breakers (we brought our 4 yr old). She seemed to have a good time though. Staff/waiters/waitresses… top notch! The shows, top notch! Le Circue Biju sort of like a cicus sole (how do you spell?) very neat. Comedian was funny, magician was good. Cruise director was funny. The staff variety show was funny.

Embarkation, disembarkation, and we even had to go through customs in the middle of our cruise before getting onto one of the islands….all SMOOTH AS SILK! They have got their stuff together on this ship let me tell you! The cruise I did before this one had me second guessing ever going on another cruise again…(was not ncl, see below) but now my faith has been restored once again…I’m ready to set sail as soon as I finish with washing that mountain of dirty clothes!!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Beginner

hello,i will be going on the jewel in may of 2007.
this is my frist cruise.i was wanting to know what i should pack and what i should not.i also would like to know what is the best floor to be on that is with in reason of price.
Old April 17th, 2006, 01:24 PM
First Mate

Coolmama, pack a bunch of clothes if you dont intend to use the laundry service....they dont have a washer/dryer you can use, you have to pay. or bring alot of clothes. you dont need towels,you can use thiers. pack sunblock/lotion. your regular stuff when you go on trips. one nice evening gown...and like summer dresses to eat in the nice restruants at night. I brought beach toys for my daughter to play with in the sand. oh yea, money or a credit card! have fun!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old April 17th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on this cruise as well. We used our credit from the rogue wave experience on the Dawn last April. I'm so glad we chose the Jewel. It was an absolutely wonderful ship. The staff was very friendly, ship was very clean, food was good enough and the ports were fabulous. My favorite port was Antigua. By the way, the volcano you mentioned was on the island of Montserrat. We watched it as well from Dark Wood Beach. It was pretty cool. I agree with your review so I won't go on. This was our 2nd cruise with NCL and probably won't be our last. I'm already looking into the Pearl's itinerary possibly for Christmas this year.