Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Beginner

Default Norwegian Majesty in January

My husband and I are traveling with friends in January on the Majesty. I have read alot of negative publicity regarding this ship and I am a little concerned. This will be our 4th cruise and are looking foward to a little R&R. Has anyone stayed in the cabins on the Viking deck of the ship? Are these cabins clean and spacious enough for 2? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Passenger

Hi there, we were NCL Majesty Charleston-Bermuda last week in October.
We stayed Norway Deck, 1 deck up from you. Obstructed View. Was not palatial, the showers are quite tight, but we had no problems with space for clothes, etc. Room was clean, beds were fine, stewards were fantastic.
Brought a power strip but they had them on board for loaners. We had the 2 extra bunk beds but they were in the up position, no problems at all.
Have read all the bad stuff also, I guess some of it valid, but we had NOT a bad thing happen other than the weather was awful on the way back. Service thoughout was better than the finest retaurants I've been to, they bent over backwards, we had a 50th Birthday one day and a 50 year Anniversary the next, they sang and took great care of all of us! We had great food in the dining rooms, we scoped out the menus beforehand, Pasta cafe had a very limited menu which some days was fine and other days we chose the 2 other dining rooms. It was too stormy the night we paid for Le Bisro & they refunded the cover charge! 10 of us all thought the shows were TOP NOTCH not 2nd rate as I've read, & we went to all of them! One piano bar singer wasn't toooo good but waddya know that was the only criticism about entertainment we had. 1 couple we went with was handicapped and they had no compaints with service at all either, several days they never left the room until dinner! Can't promise perfection and I hope we didn't have a once in a lifetime experience for a good NCL cruise!
Old December 14th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the info!!
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Passenger

One thing I would mention is a great deal if they still offer it, the bon voyage basket was 20 bucks ordered online at the NCL site the week or 2 before you disembark. I missed doing it online in time but they accomodated me at reception the day we left. Came with a fruit basket(nice) and a bottle of wine. The least expensive wine in the restaurants was 26 dollars so it worked out to be quite a deal! If you check the galleries I posted some shots of the ship. They painted & polished and scrubbed every inch of it while we were on it, underway and at the dock. It is what it is though- a smaller older ship. I almost feel obligated to defend it due to all the bad I'd heard but HOW HARD that crew worked and how nice they ALL were.
Old December 16th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

The Majesty is the nicest and happiest ship in the fleet!
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Admiral

you are always going to read negatives as well as positives: for some older ships are not very attractive. Yes, she is older and on the small side, but the price is good and the crew outstanding. I don't know what other ships you have cruised. Because of this it is hard to advise you or know what you are expecting. NMNita 8)
Old December 17th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Beginner

In the past we have cruised with Celebrity and Carnival. We kinda like the small ships as the seem a little more personal. Thanks for the info!!