Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Passenger

Default Where is the NCL SUN - Today - Jan 8, 2007

Sunday, Jan 7, 2007 (yesterday) the Norwegian Sun was at the Port of New Orleans. She should have been at sea today but when I checked her webcam it looked like she is in a virtual junk yard. I went to www.cruisecal.com to check her position and she isn't at sea. The NCL SUN doesn't show up again on their cruise calendar until January 28th, the day we leave on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise.

Is it possible she is in dry dock for renovations or mechanical problems? Anyone out knows the "true" story. We are not worried just a little curious about what's going on.
Old January 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

She had a scheduled dry dock in January, so I'd guess that's where she's at. They're supposed to be doing the hull art along with the normal general maintenance that happens in dry dock. I wouldn't be concerned at all -- this dry dock has been scheduled for a long time.
Old January 8th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Admiral

I just hope, along with the hull art work they consider art work on the bed spreads. I have never understood why they think green spread look great with the dark blue carpet and visa versa. A change is needed.NMNita
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Passenger

Thanks UTMFAN and NMNITA. I figured it was something like that. But my last (and first cruise ever) was leaving out of New Orleans and because of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 our plans were changed to a neighboring state.

And I agree with NMNITA, the photos of the bedspreads are enough to make any turn green with sea sickness even before they board the ship.

Carnival Conquest - 2005
NCL SUN - upcoming in 20 days
Old January 9th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie620
Thanks UTMFAN and NMNITA. I figured it was something like that. But my last (and first cruise ever) was leaving out of New Orleans and because of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 our plans were changed to a neighboring state.

And I agree with NMNITA, the photos of the bedspreads are enough to make any turn green with sea sickness even before they board the ship.

Carnival Conquest - 2005
NCL SUN - upcoming in 20 days
Froggy, it isn't only the green which in itself is awful, but it's mixing it with the blue carpet and visa versa. Yes, greens and blues can be mixed but the decorator they hired to coordinate on the Sun must have had a really rought night or had an eye problem. Then add to all this, they spreads are now 6 years old, or almost. It is time for a make over, but if they don't I will still cruise the Sun any time: she is one heck of a great ship.....NMNita