Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:37 AM
First Mate

Default Parking at Manhattan Pier

Just wondering how secure the parking is at the pier. Has anyone had any experience with their car being vandalized or stolen? Should I take my '98 Corolla or my '06 Accord (which is more comfortable for my long drive to NYC)?
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Captain

Default Re: Parking at Manhattan Pier

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckity
Just wondering how secure the parking is at the pier. Has anyone had any experience with their car being vandalized or stolen? Should I take my '98 Corolla or my '06 Accord (which is more comfortable for my long drive to NYC)?
Very secure - no one allowed in except when the cruise is leaving and returning. Dogs check out each car before you can even park. The parking is on top of the pier and the only access is from the main entrance.

Bring the Honda
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Passenger

I have used the NY City pier long term parking probably 15 times through the years and never had nor seen a problem. Since the parking is literally right alongside where the ships dock it is within a highly designated security area. I have been fortunate in that I am always driving a late model loaded car and park thier with no concern. I have parked a New Acura TL there and not been concerned and had no problem. Take the Accord and be comfortable. Currently have a 2006 Accord w.nav wouldn't hestitate for a moment!
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:19 AM
First Mate

Thanks for the responses. We will take the Honda!
Old January 18th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Beginner

Default Safe

I agree, very secure, and very convenient!! A little pricey, but I can't see how you can beat the convenience of dropping off your passengers and luggage at the gate, park the car in a secured area, take handy elevator down to embarkation level, and prepare to walk onto the ship. If things go right, which they have for me, by the time the driver is back from parking the car, the bags are checked in and safely on their way to the ship.