Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Passenger

Default Question about 2 NCL cruises

I have promised to take my 18 year old nephew on a cruise. He has cancer and I told him when he is done with treaments we will go. I also am taking my 10 year old son. We are looking at the Spirit out of New Orleans and the Majesty out of Charleston. Either November or March (during school breaks). My questions are, which would be best for the kids and which is just the better overall cruise. Also, I've been looking at rooms and it looks as if I will either have to get a suite or 2 connecting rooms to accomodate us. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Question about 2 NCL cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascaramy
I have promised to take my 18 year old nephew on a cruise. He has cancer and I told him when he is done with treaments we will go. I also am taking my 10 year old son. We are looking at the Spirit out of New Orleans and the Majesty out of Charleston. Either November or March (during school breaks). My questions are, which would be best for the kids and which is just the better overall cruise. Also, I've been looking at rooms and it looks as if I will either have to get a suite or 2 connecting rooms to accomodate us. Any suggestions?
As for what kind of accommodations, either would work, but I think 2 connedting or adjoining rooms would be fine. The boys could share one unless it will be the 3 of you only, then I would opt for the suite.

both ships will have lots of kids during spring break but I think the Spirit is a nicer ship as it was designed for freestyle. The Majesty was not. I have have one little comment to make, your 18 year nephew is between ages, he can gamble but not drink plus he will not enjoy the teen program. I am sure he will find others his age to hang out with. Is he in college or out facing the big bad world?

I think both young men will enjoy whatever choice you make and good luck to your nephew. I am sure everything will turn out fine for him. NMNita :o
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Admiral

suites and connecting rooms are nice, but we were on spirit and we were fine with a regular oceanview and our friends were just fine across the hall on an inside. The ten year old will be happy with the bunk! We went on spirit and she is a lovely ship, in good condition. I can also tell you that the teens at 18 are aloud in the teen program, they all met and hung out together. I am sure it is not policy, but three of the kids when we were on in 2006 were with younger teens and no one ever said anything. I find teen programs useless really, it is just a way to meet people and then they head up to the basket ball courts and food courts and that is what they do! Also, they ust have a way to meet on board. They can have beer and wine with parental permission. no hard liquer. I would personally pick Spirit, but I intentionally stay away from older ships.
Old May 12th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Admiral

If there are only three of you you should be fine in a triple and there are lots of triple occupancy cabins that have balconys and oceanviews. You don't mention a 4th passenger but if by chance you do have a 4th you'll be limited to only an inside cabin or two connecting cabins.
I have sailed out of NOLA twice and on the Spirit once. I know I would do it again in a heartbeat. There is so much to do and see.

Read and post cruise reviews