Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Passenger

Default HOW GOOD IS THE FOOD ON NORWEGIAN SUN?

My husband and I have never cruised NCL Sun.....After having been on the Celebrity it will be hard to beat their food. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shan
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Admiral

It is not gourmet, even in the speciality restaurants, but it is good and most of the meals are quite wholesome and healthy. I typicall avoid buffet food and cannot comment on that, aside from the fact that they had plenty of "kid food" there so it was nice to allow the kids ot eat supper at the buffet, then go to the kid's club while d/h and I had a nice quiet "grown up" dinner in one of the speciality restaurants.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Admiral

food is so subjective but we didn't find the food on Celebrity that different from NCL. The meats were better, everything else about the same; I think Celebrity has better lunch buffets, NCL better breakfast with the exception of Celbritys wonderful waffle bar.

All in all most mass marketed lines are similar, NCL offers better choices for dining, we have found the specialty restaurants on NCL much less expensive and every bit as good.

All in all, yes, Celebrity may be a hair better, but certainly not enough to make a difference. The only line we have found that is really better is HAL. NMnita
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Admiral

Oh regarding the meat... that reminds me. At least on the Sun in March, they really did a great job selecting excellent cuts of meat. Much, much better than RCCL. Where I live I am surrounded by wonderful restaurants featuring some of the best beef that has ever melted in your mouth, so we do appreciate a good filet mignon for sure. The beef was excellent. Anything on the menu with beef was delicious. I did find that the beef wellington on the Sun, was the best I had ever tasted.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 9th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

I sailed on the spirit in April 07 and found the food at the main dining rooms and even the buffet very good. We also ate at Cagney's and have to say the T-bone steaks we had were not very good but everything else we had such as appetizers were very good.They may have had a bad night but it was no big deal.You can look for my review about the spirit on this board it may or may not have some helpful info you may be able to use.

Carnival Legend:Western Caribbean
RCCL - Explorer of the seas: Bermuda - April 08
NCL - Spirit: Eastern Caribbean - April 07