Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Passenger

Default POAm Honolulu Shore excursion

Has anyone ever booked a shore excursion for Honolulu the day the POAm sails? We will be flying in the day before the cruise and will not have much time to see anything there. We will not have time the last day of the cruise. We would like to have an excursion to Pearl Harbor prior to sailing away. We would like to book this with Norwegian so they could have our luggage and we would be back to sail. We want to make the most of every minute. If this is possible, do we check in prior to going which would avoid all the long lines as an added bonus.

Any info will be great?
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

the best way we found to do the pearl harbor visit is duck tours
http://www.hawaiiducktours.com/
another great thing to do is the atlantis submarine but i would say do the duck tour and worry about everything else later and since don ho is gone (we saw him it was a great show) see pearl harbor it is almost a right of passage to be an American to pay your respects on the memorial.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the suggestion. That might just be the answer. My travel agent contacted NCLA and was told that their Pearl Harbor trip are for Post cruise but it could be booked at waikiki Marriott. We aren't staying there so that might be more hassle than beneficial. If our hotel will just hold the luggage then we could book a private tour or take a taxi.
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Passenger

We just returned Aug. 4th from the PoA. I had booked our own excursion to Pearl Harbor the morning of departure but cancelled it after comparing to NCL. NCL will pick you up and deliver you to the port at 1 pm while the other tour would bring us back to the Marriott where we were on our own to get to the dock. We left early (7:30) and were in line when the memorial opened. The line was daunting when we got there, but it moved quickly after the doors opened. The other advantage to NCL is that you can leave your carry on bags and purses on the bus where they are secure. The independent tour would not allow you to do so and you can't take bags, backpacks or purses into the memorial. It was more convenient and was only a few dollars more in the end. Well worth the price.
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Passenger

Where did you stay the night before? Did you book this excursion on-line or where? Did they pick you up from the pier or the motel? How much was it? Where did you keep the rest of your luggage? I appreciate any info. Getting to see Pearl Harbor is important to us but we are not staying at the Marriott where most precruise families stay.
Old August 20th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Passenger

We were at the Marriott and NCL moved our luggage from our room to the ship. The cost was $34 per person and I booked it at the NCL office inside the Marriott. However, I think it's listed in the NCL excursion information booklet. The pamphlet I have says:

"Departure Time:
6:15 am Ilikai
6:30 am Hilton Hawaiian
6:45 am Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
6:50 am Waikiki Prince Kuhio
7:00 am Waikiki Beach Marriott
Tour Ends: 12:30-1:00 pm
Available: Day of Sailing Only

Carry-on Bags are allowed and are stowed in the overhead compartments of the bus."

The tour goes to Pearl Harbor to view the Arizona Memorial and then takes you to Punchbowl National Cemetery. Next they take you to "Metropolitan Honolulu" for a narrated tour of several royal sites and the Hawaiian State House.

I hope this was helpful.
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

The Hilton Hawaiin Village is the best hotel on the beach in Oahu. We stayed at the Marriot Wakiki and the Hilton Hawaiin Village (sorry my spelling of Hawaiin places is terrible). I LOVE The place so much we are going back next year. Pearl Harbor is a don't miss part of your trip. Keep in mind that the daylight is shorter in Hawaii than the mainland or so we found. So you will want to get an early start with what ever you decide to do. The DUck Tour was great for us like I said previsouly and they pick you up and drop you back off at your hotel. enjoy the trip and you can check out our photos in the gallery to see a few of our trip.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:22 AM
Passenger

We went on our own. That way we could walk through the memorial at our own speed. Some times I think those tour guides talk to much! :o

Royal Caribbean-eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean-western Caribbean
Holland America-Alaska
NCL-Aug 6, 2007 Hawaii
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:22 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much for all the great info. Our only problem with doing any of the trips to Pearl Harbor is the luggage. We are booked to stay at the Ohanna Waikiki Maila. When it gets closer to time I will try to contact the Marriott or NCL to see if it is possible to come to the Marriott with our luggage and have it transferred like it normally would if we stayed there if we book the excursion with them. It has also been suggested that we have our hotel hold our luggage there then after we take a private tour, we return to the hotel, get out luggage then go to the pier.
Sounds like I am fretting over little details doesn't it?? I just am trying to organize our brief time in Honolulu.