Old August 11th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Beginner

Default Norweign Spirit - How do you sleep 4 in standard cabin?

Hi could anyone tell me what the bed set up is in a 4 berth inside cabin. From the pictures they seem to have two lower beds and one the opens from the wall to make a bunk. Where does the other bed come from? and where does it fit.
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Admiral

some have two beds that come out of the wall, and some have one, and the other bed is a bed that pulls out from underneath the single bed and goes in the middle..............I would request a room with two bunks on the wall if you dont want to be "that close".
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Admiral

On the Spirit it is basically two beds lower and a sofa thing that lays out flat for a bed (The kiddos didn't complain, but there is no way I would have been able to sleep on it) this was at the foot of the lower beds if memory serves me, and an upper bunk. There may be other configurations but I do not recall two uppers being an option on the Spirit. Also, if you need a quad, the only option available is an inside cabin or two connecting cabins elsewhere.
We did it with two adults and two small kids, but it would be way too tight with adults in my opinion. The Spirit is a great ship with fantastic kid's facilities and lots of neat places to explore and great places to eat. I looked forward to having my breakfast in Windows every morning. The view was breathtaking. I hope you have as much fun as we did.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
On the Spirit it is basically two beds lower and a sofa thing that lays out flat for a bed (The kiddos didn't complain, but there is no way I would have been able to sleep on it) this was at the foot of the lower beds if memory serves me, and an upper bunk. There may be other configurations but I do not recall two uppers being an option on the Spirit. Also, if you need a quad, the only option available is an inside cabin or two connecting cabins elsewhere.
We did it with two adults and two small kids, but it would be way too tight with adults in my opinion. The Spirit is a great ship with fantastic kid's facilities and lots of neat places to explore and great places to eat. I looked forward to having my breakfast in Windows every morning. The view was breathtaking. I hope you have as much fun as we did.
I haven't been on the Spirit, but I am with you; 20 plus cruises, all mass marketed lines but one and yet, I have never seen a cabin that would comfortably hold 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 teens. I know people do it all the time, it is still very tight. Carnival might be the exception to the rule.

Nita
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
I haven't been on the Spirit, but I am with you; 20 plus cruises, all mass marketed lines but one and yet, I have never seen a cabin that would comfortably hold 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 teens. I know people do it all the time, it is still very tight. Carnival might be the exception to the rule.

Nita
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Beginner

we went on the spirit this summer. our cabin had 2 lower, one out of the wall, and a chair that pulled out into a bed.
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Carnival's inside cabins are substantially larger than NCL's and since the Spirit was originally introduced into the asian market as Superstar Leo you will notice that everything is smaller right down to the diameter of the toilet seats lol. The only thing spacious by cruiseship standards in the cabins of the Spirit is the shower, which I loved.

We did connecting cabins on RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas and while we would have been fine in one cabin, it was really nice to have the kids in the extra room where they could watch cartoons until they fell asleep and the extra bathroom was a luxury.

The reason we opted to go with a quad on the Spirit is because at that time they were running a specialand the third and fourth passenger were free except for taxes. It was a spur of the moment decision and it was great but connecting rooms would be better especially for all adults.

Old August 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Beenie, you are describing the balcony I believe, on spirit we were outside no balcony. I am pretty sure on spirit, the insides some had to upper bearths. And I forgot about that pull out bed from that chair! I remember some one cruising with us had five in that room...........OMG! But in reality, it is what they could afford, the room that is and they had a wonderful time, and were organized about showers etc.........and whats most important is you have fun. When we were on spirit, it was tight, but we usually approach things with a sence of humer so it was all OK!
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Admiral

I'm describing the inside cabins. The Spirit only has inside quads, no OV's or balcony quads on the ship, evidently it's an asian market thing and there is only one upper, two lowers, one fold out sofa and in some a fold out chair that was like a torture chamber lol! That was how they squeezed five into the cabin lol. I spose if you have some good natured, fun loving travel companions, it is doable, but if you have a sorehead or two, it will be a tense trip.

Old August 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Passenger

I have been on the Spirit. Loved the ship but the cabins are very tight for 4 people.

We had an inside quad and it is 3 lower beds and 1 upper. The third bed comes out of a "super chair". We also had a trundle bed that we pulled out from under one of the beds. The trundle was much better than the one in the chair.

The only quad outside cabins on the Spirit are on Deck 4, category G. All are 3 lower beds and 1 upper, just like the inside quads. I looked at all of them before I got off the ship. I also spoke to the cabin stewards who confirmed this.

The only adjoining cabins on the Spirit are balconies.

If you are looking for a large quad, book 6535, 6035, or 5035. They are inside cabins but they are 200 sq. feet. There are a few other inside cabins that are 190 and 175 sq. feet on other decks.

Even though we were tight in the cabin with 4, we are going again in 2008.
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Admiral

Jim is right on. I did not realize there was a handful of OV quads on deck four. I wonder if they were always quads or added after the last refurb.

I thought those large inside cabins were handicapped, at least thats what my agent told me.

Old August 11th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Admiral

Our outside cabin had one coming from the wall and that pull out bed chair thing! You can believe DS got the wall bunk. He seemed to be under the dellusion there would be a choice. I am trying to remember which deck we were on, our actual cabin, I think, I am pretty sure it was deck eight. I dont know why I or wear I think I saw pics with two upper beds, but maybe it was on DAWN, as we went on her just a few months later than spirit. On Dawn we had one on the wall and a trundle under one bed. On GEM we will be in a balcony. On Spirit the room was small, but we were impressed by their use of space, although things were a little low for us who are a little tall..............Beenie, when I asked about the large cabins, I was told they were hadicapped cabins as well. They were also on DAWN. I also noted on the map of GEM when booking the handicapped cabins are outside ( balcony) and inside .
Old August 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Passenger

Hi,

Can you tell that I like to research my ships.

The cabins on the Spirit that I mentioned are not handicap cabins. I have been in them and the bathrooms, big step up, no railings around toilet, etc.. and other things are not in the cabins on deck 5 and 6. There are handicap cabins (I believe marked with a black square).

We are leaving on the Dawn on Saturday. This ship also does not have 2 upper berths. It is the 3 lower and 1 upper. They do not have the few bigger cabins like the Spirit does. I am told that the Pearl and the Gem are also the same way. The newer NCL ships have more adjoining cabins (outsides and balconies) for families. They have eliminated the 2 upper and 2 lower bed cabins.

We are staying in an AB suite on the Dawn with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, living room, balcony so we will have lots of space this time.
Old August 12th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Passenger

I forgot to mention that we were on the NCL Majesty 2 times. They did have the 2 upper beds and 2 lower beds. This set up worked well for us.