CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Favorite NCL Ship (Present Day) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/346425-favorite-ncl-ship-present-day.html)

BigE11378 February 10th, 2008 11:24 AM

Favorite NCL Ship (Present Day)

My favorite is the Pride of America with NCL Spirit in second. The Gem comes in third

BigE11378 February 10th, 2008 11:25 AM

the Star and the majesty have been left off the poll as there are too many ships for this poll so if they are your favorite just post them manualy.

Hpine1 February 10th, 2008 06:04 PM

My vote is for the Majesty. Even tho it was not on the list. But my very favorite is still the NORWAY

BigE11378 February 10th, 2008 10:15 PM

ah an old school cruiser, I loved the Doric, but since it is at the bottom near the Cape of Good Hope and Home Lines is no more I will stick with NCL> LOL!

Delft February 11th, 2008 08:35 AM

Dawn, Gem then Spirit.

Trip February 11th, 2008 09:12 AM

The Gem...my last had been the Seward, so, quite the timespan. The "It" Girl, is a sexy cool looking ship,and I want to sail her again:)

Delft February 11th, 2008 01:59 PM

Trip, you are right about GEM, she is wonderful and we loved it, I dont know why we liked DAWN a little better, but just a little, amybe because we really found the large atrium screene noisey and very irritating after a few days . others complained, to the point they had to turn down the sound as those in the internet area, right next to it, we not happy campers.........It was just so LOUD ( And I am deaf with hearing aids) they need to move the art gallery, which by the way was supposed to be the internet area, and then maybe it will be less of a bother. I guess they put the art gallery there to try and get people more interested? I dont know, I never even look at it. I like the pool are on GEM much more, I like the layout of places to eat better on DAWN. The cabins are about the same, insides are a little smaller. Service was excellent on DAWN and GEM. Also, with only one staircase in the atrium on GEM, it makes taking pictures a real pain in the butt. So, I like the traditional two staircases on DAWN better, one on each side. I also miss the music in the atrium nightly, which is now that large screene. We are planning the renamed JADE for next year.

BigE11378 February 11th, 2008 02:24 PM

i like a Sprit style grand centrum better than the Gem crystal atrium

Delft February 11th, 2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigE11378
i like a Sprit style grand centrum better than the Gem crystal atrium

Yes, I personally agree with you. I am hoping JADE will be more like Spirit and DAWN.

nmnita February 11th, 2008 05:15 PM

I was about to mention the Majesty and Star were left off, I figure the Majesty is about gone so maybe that is why, but the Star is exactly the same age as the Sun.

Interesting, I voted for the Jewel, but it is a toss up as we love the Sun and they are tied right now.

Nita :wink:

BigE11378 February 11th, 2008 05:43 PM

the Wii wall is barely used so the crystal atriun is kind of an afterthought. it would be nicer if the cruise staff did more activities with it

BigE11378 February 24th, 2008 10:35 AM

only 18 votes...two for the majesty and even some for the norway.

chrisbd1 February 24th, 2008 02:52 PM

I like the Jewel better, just because I've sailed her twice and I LOVE the free cappuchino machine. I actually like a few more things on the Dawn-statium seating by the pool, kids pool on the other end of the ship and Blue Lagoon my the promanade deck, but the Jewel still feels like home. Going on the Pearl next, so we'll see how I like the bowling alley LOL

QueenFalina February 28th, 2008 09:36 PM

Since I have been on one cruise ship, that one will be my favorite. It is the Star. We sailed on her last August to Alaska and had a wonderful time. Going again on her February 14, 2009 to the Mexician Riviera. Can't wait.
QueenFalina :D

BigE11378 February 29th, 2008 12:41 AM

all u need is one to have a favorite!lol

MrMate February 29th, 2008 12:10 PM

Why is the Majesty not in the poll? She's the best ship ever in the NCL fleet.

BigE11378 February 29th, 2008 12:57 PM

I can only have a certain number of entries and so i had to make a decision on which ships to have people add in as write in votes. the majesty is one of them.sorry